Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Increases the revenue performance of Commercial Card accounts. Develops, implements, reviews and revises strategic plans for growing existing client programs resulting in meeting or exceeding assigned portfolio growth targets. Ensures familiarity with industry best practices and Bank solutions to effectively identify opportunities that arise during client meetings and to deliver needs-based solutions. Expands client programs by identifying clients who offer the best potential for program growth. Establishes customer scorecards.
- Conducts program reviews including analysis of program usage trends, payment history, policies and procedures, and the business environment. Incorporates industry standards and best practices in the development and design of programs, policies and metrics.
- Retains existing portfolio of clients. Develops detailed and complex correspondence, presentations and proposals to effectively address client needs and to differentiate the Bank from competitors. Uses effective closing techniques to achieve retention and increase revenue targets. Negotiates contracts with both clients and internal management. Displays a thorough understanding of Bank pricing to ensure accurate pricing of deals.
- Collaborates Bank partners to address Commercial Card client servicing needs. Builds a strong network with internal Bank partners to leverage Bank relationships with clients and to increase share of wallet. Stays informed of changes in spend management and commercial card industries to effectively respond to client questions and needs
- Gains a clear understanding of internal resources to identify solutions for client servicing issues. Facilitates strategies and positioning to address issues, and respond to customer questions. Maintains focus on driving the appropriate client interaction and experience for problem resolution. Works collaboratively to rectify situational, operational and procedural issues that may adversely impact individual clients for the future growth of the business.
- Re-negotiates unprofitable rebate programs with Commercial Card clients. Delivers presentations to client executives for the purpose of positively differentiating the Bank from the competition. Formulates deal teams, as needed, to coordinate pricing strategy and go forward positioning to create win-win positioning. Improves and sustains financial performance for low performing accounts and development of re-engagement strategy.
- Drives revenue by supporting new client programs in product design and implementation. Collaborates with Bank partners on relationship growth plans and fosters program success modeling. Engages appropriate deal team members for client calls to facilitate the relationship management and sales process. Supports sales efforts to align with appropriate card servicing requirements.
- Each team member is expected to be aware of risk within their functional area. This includes observing all policies, procedures, laws, regulations and risk limits specific to their role. Additionally, they should raise and report known or suspected violations to the appropriate Company authority in a timely fashion.
- Performs other related duties as required.
The information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Synovus is an Equal Opportunity Employer supporting diversity in the workplace.
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Finance, Accounting or a related field or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Five years of experience selling commercial payments solutions to Fortune 1000 clients including experience with commercial payments, card, banking, and technology industries.
Required Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Thorough knowledge of the commercial payments competitive marketplace
- Expert sales and business development skills
- Excellent customer service and relationship skill