Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Builds and maintains a financial/profitability modeling tool to streamline pricing, contract management and financial proposals. Ensures optimal functionality to interpret and analyze financial data to enhance Return on Investment (ROI) modeling for Commercial Card. Conducts ongoing analytics to refine pricing strategies and tracking of productivity in the sales process.
- Collects data from primary and secondary resources for Commercial Card reporting. Analyzes data collected to meet compliance, audit, regulatory and performance metrics requirements. Translates data to assist in driving business strategies. Aggregates and analyzes data from a variety of internal and external systems to derive business considerations and solutions.
- Researches pricing, competitors, and third-party activity that may impact program performance. Analyzes product performance to understand future state of product roadmap, which will incorporate the digital transformational strategy and provide the data to drive product strategy. Reviews and discusses strategic and tactical issues to identify gaps and shares best practices.
- Collaborates with Business Development to drive revenue and incremental business in accordance with established annual targets. Partners with management and other internal and external partners to expand business and product growth for existing and new clients. Provides input to the market segment sales strategy based on a deep understanding of the data, market and client needs for opportunities.
- Each team member is expected to be aware of risk within their functional area. This includes observing all policies, procedures, laws, regulations and risk limits specific to their role. Additionally, they should raise and report known or suspected violations to the appropriate Company authority in a timely fashion.
- Performs other related duties as required.
The information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Synovus is an Equal Opportunity Employer supporting diversity in the workplace.
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Accounting, Finance or a related field or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Eight years of experience supporting data analysis and financial management activities including interpreting financial information related to time value of money and discounted cash flows
Required Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Strong understanding and working experience with design-thinking best practices to deliver industry-defining products
- Ability to write code to develop pricing tools
- Knowledge of Commercial Card industry
- Highly skilled in critical thinking and transforming large data sets into actionable insights and recommendations