Why Work at Dell?
Endless challenges and rewards. Opportunities on six continents. A team of colleagues fueled by collaboration. All this, and a company deeply committed to integrity and responsibility.
The Business Controls Manager (BCM) position will support North America Commercial Finance with key responsibility being to build and drive a controls and governance framework in support of the NA Commercial Sales business.
Key responsibilities include:
- Implementing change management assessments for new business developments to ensure business risks are identified, owned, and mitigated.
- Partnering effectively with Legal, GAT and other support functions.
- Establishing a Risk Management program consistent with Corporate Audit / Governance/ Regulatory requirements.
- Managing CSAs and other controls programs aligned to operations strategy and risk appetite.
- Drive the quarterly CSA process including review and approval of testing results and recommended MAP's, executive reviews, training and management.
- Provide globally consistent executive communication to ensure operations and finance management are informed of the current state of controls in the business.
- Drive consistent approach to audit readiness.
- Serve as liaison between the business process owners, audit entities, and senior operational and finance executives.
The selected candidate will partner with the business partners to drive an effective control environment across the organization. The ideal candidate would have 7+ years of financeexperience, experience in project management and audit is a plus. Excellent written and oral communication skills, problem solving/prioritization skills, attention to detail, and the ability to work through others are required.
- Undergraduatedegree in Finance, Business Economics, Accounting or related discipline preferred but not required; MBA / Professional degree a plus
- Audit and/or business controls background in operations or commercial businesses
- Good understanding of business risks and controls management
- Influencing skills across regions and organizations
- Multi-level negotiation skills
- Ability to identify improvement opportunities & translate same from concept to reality
- Self-starter with a high level of diligence and the ability to work on own initiative and in conjunction with other key process leaders
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills (verbal, written and presentations) at various organizational levels
- Broad understanding of the Dell business model, business requirements and associated structures