S&ME is an employee-owned engineering firm that provides civil, geotechnical, environmental, planning, landscape architecture, survey and construction services. Consistently ranked in the top 100 of ENR's Top 500 Design Firms, our markets are diverse and include transportation, energy, water/wastewater, commercial development, industry, healthcare, education and government. We recruit top talent and are currently seeking a Commercial Building Inspector to join our team in Charleston, South Carolina.
Ability to be registered with the South Carolina LLR Code Enforcement Officer Registration program and OSF/OSE is required.
- Review and understanding of local codes, construction plans, and specifications;
- Documentation of field activities and observations on active jobsites for conformance with (or deviation from) local codes, project plans, and specifications;
- Daily use of Metafield, and/or other information management systems, for recording of observations.
- High school diploma/GED required;
- Minimum 10 years' experience in related construction inspections;
- ICC certification in at least one of the following: Commercial Building, Commercial Electrical, Commercial Mechanical, Commercial Plumbing, or Certified Building Official (CBO) required;
- Ability to use ladders and/or scaffolding, and work in a commercial construction environment (active jobsites) required;
- Effective communication skills (speaking, reading, and writing), using the English language, required;
- An understanding of professionalism and tact, relative to interaction with all members of the design and construction team, including (but not limited to) site laborers, project owners, site superintendents, architects, design engineers, and project managers;
- Lifting required 40 to 50 lbs.;
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft Office applications (Word, PowerPoint, Excel) and other information management systems;
- Willingness to travel out-of-town (typically overnight) for short duration assignments.