Commercial Banking Relationship Manager
Thank you for your interest in a career at Regions. At Regions, we believe associates deserve more than just a job. We believe in offering performance-driven individuals a place where they can build a career --- a place to expect more opportunities. If you are focused on results, dedicated to quality, strength and integrity, and possess the drive to succeed, then we are your employer of choice.
Regions is dedicated to taking appropriate steps to safeguard and protect private and personally identifiable information you submit. The information that you submit will be collected and reviewed by associates, consultants, and vendors of Regions in order to evaluate your qualifications and experience for job opportunities and will not be used for marketing purposes, sold, or shared outside of Regions unless required by law. Such information will be stored for a set period of time. You may review, modify, or update your information by visiting and logging into the careers section of the system.
At Regions this position is within the Regions’ Commercial Banking business unit and focuses on delivery of credit and a broad range of product / service client solutions within a dedicated geographic Area. Commercial Relationship Managers target general-industry clients with annual revenues between $1MM - $250MM.
The primary responsibility of this Relationship Manager is to function as the central delivery point to clients by developing relationship strategy and working with key business partners to engage expertise. The banker at this level begins to assume relationship management responsibility and is expected to retain and expand high-value relationships while conducting on-going client acquisition activity. Additionally, the banker is required to exhibit credit acumen, partner successfully with credit and compliance partners and serve as part of the first line of defense in identifying and managing risk. The banker role is focused on delivery of knowledgeable advice and solutions, institutionalizing client relationships, and optimizing revenue opportunities to the Commercial Bank.
• Ability to identify, prioritize and develop relationship strategy for high- value retention, expansion
clients and acquisition targets
• Ability to isolate current and emerging client needs / proactively introduce solutions
• Ability to engage and lead relevant business partners in team-based portfolio development / expertise
• Ability to plan and execute quality client / prospect calls
• Ability to manage transaction processes from initial engagement through final close, including
structure, pricing, internal approval / compliance processes and documentation
• Exercise credit acumen and pricing discipline
• Completion of Relationship Management Process training
• Develop consistent practices learned through the Relationship Management Process
•Bachelors Degree with 5 years experience in Commercial Banking or sales with at least 2 years
Relationship Management experience. Relevant graduate degreepreferred.
•Strong negotiation and oral and written communication skills
•Positive reputation and network of industry contacts