- Works as an active member of the bank’s sales/services lending department as follows:
- Jointly establishes quantitative sales objectives, with assigned supervisor on an annual basis; this activity to be integrated with the Commercial Credit Services department’s annual marketing/sales plan.
- Solicits new business from present and prospective customers; maintains ongoing business relationships with present customers in order to take advantage of additional cross-selling opportunities.
- Provides sales information on a timely basis in order that this information may be included as part of monthly and year-to-date sales performance reports.
- Monitors individual sales performance versus objectives on a monthly basis utilizing bank’s sales information system; discusses performance with appropriate supervisor on a frequent basis.
- Maintains a thorough knowledge of the features and benefits of all bank commercial credit products and services, in order to ascertain customer needs and to sell in conjunction with these needs.
- Provides direct service to commercial customers with respect to deposit, loan, and other miscellaneous products and services, if applicable, approves or rejects loan applications within individual lending authority.
- Prepares various forms and reports and provides information as requested from appropriate supervisor or departments.
- Maintains a working knowledge of bank operating policies and procedures which impact commercial services. Maintains working knowledge of bank’s FDICIA and compliance procedures/policies.
- Maintains working knowledge of loan documentation procedures.
- Responsible for early detection, reporting, and monitoring of problem credit. Responsible for quality of own loan portfolio.
- Assists customers in obtaining specialized services from other company business partners, such as Insurance, Cash Management, Wealth Management etc.; provides help to customers with specific inquiries of service problems.
- May attend sales and trade meetings as the bank’s representative to develop new business and to gain information and leads on prospective accounts.
- All other duties as assigned.
- A BS or BA degree in a related field
- Prior commercial lending or related experience or a minimum of seven (7) years experience in commercial credit analysis
- A minimum of one (1) yearexperience in loan related customer contact
- Proficient reading, writing, grammar and mathematics skills
- Proficient interpersonal relations, communicative, and sales skills
- Proficient appropriate analytical skills
- A thorough knowledge of the features and benefits of all bank commercial products and services
- A working knowledge of bank operating policies and procedures which impact commercial services
- Requires the ability to lift 0-10 lbs on a frequent basis
- Movement that may be required for a prolonged period of time, includes, but is not limited to: sitting, standing, bending, leaning, pushing, stretching, reaching and typing as is common and typical in an office environment