The Commercial Banking Relationship Manager is primarily responsible for developing and retaining commercial banking relationships to grow the commercial loan portfolio through proactive and consistent interaction with clients, anticipating needs and providing solutions for borrowing, cash management, capital market, wealth and insurance.
Performs all responsibilities according to scope of authority and expertise, to provide the highest level of client service and responsiveness to the financial needs of individuals, families, businesses and organizations served by the Bank while maintaining the interests of our shareholders. Management of such a portfolio requires extensive credit knowledge and a commitment to the client service experience.
This position will be primarily be a remote working role with ability to come into the office as needed (Wayne, PA, Berwyn, PA, Chestnut Hill, PA, Bryn Mawr, PA, Hershey, PA and Princeton, NJ).
- Serve Client Financial Needs – Act as the client’s focal point as it relates to the delivery of banking and financial services; be a true financial partner to clients and offer solutions for personal and business banking, cash management, capital markets, wealth management, risk management and insurance.
- Credit Delivery – Work with a team of seasoned professionals including Commercial Banking leadership, portfolio managers and credit administration to recommend internally, obtain required credit approval, and negotiate loan structures consistent with Bank’s credit policy and culture.
- Portfolio Management and Risk Assessment – Proactive in evaluating and managing credit risk associated with client relationships through ongoing monitoring of creditworthiness as demonstrated by accurate risk ratings. Maintain credit files by obtaining reporting information required from clients, analyzing this information, and overseeing the preparation of credit and status memos and other relationship reports as required by Bank policy and procedure.
- Compliance – Assist in growth and management of commercial loan portfolio consistent with regulatory compliance, bank policy and credit culture.
- Community Service – Share in BMT’s commitment to corporate responsibility and community; serve on committees and participate in community efforts.
- Client Retention – Pursue a high degree of client satisfaction through efficient product delivery coupled with proactive and consistent communications and interactions with clients.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Finance, or Accounting
- Formal credit training required
- Minimum seven years’ experience in the Commercial Banking line of business with an emphasis on credit underwriting, portfolio management and client relationships.
- Outstanding oral and written communications skills
- Ability to work independently and function effectively in a collaborative team environment
- Proficient in Microsoft Office software including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Experience with nCino is a plus but not required
- Accustomed to fast moving environment
- Possesses a ‘roll-up your sleeves’ mentality