Commercial Banking (CB), one of JPMorgan Chase & Co's four lines of businesses, provides a full range of services including lending, treasury services, investment banking, commercial card and asset management products to meet its clients' domestic and international financial needs. Through a network of 125 offices and approximately 8,000 employees, CB serves over 19,000 clients nationally, including corporations, municipalities, financial institutions and not-for-profit entities, with annual revenue generally ranging from $20 million to $2 billion, and over 37,000 real estate clients, owners and investors. In 2015, with almost $170 billion in loans and almost $180 billion in deposits, CB generated revenue and earnings of $7.0 billion and $2.2 billion, respectively.
Within CB, Middle Market Banking & Specialized Industries (MMBSI) serves commercial and industrial U.S. clients with annual revenue generally ranging from $20 million to $500 million. We are committed to building the best commercial bank by helping our clients succeed and making a positive difference in our communities.
The Business Manager is responsible for executing business strategy, performing analysis, and executing tactical initiatives for the Government, Healthcare, Higher Education, and Nonprofits (GHHN) Segments of MMBSI. This person will work in partnership with other members of the MMBSI Management team as well as various Product Partners and other Commercial Bank strategy and planning groups.
- Participate in strategic project management for the Government, Healthcare, Higher Education, and Nonprofits (GHHN) Middle Market by generating creative ideas and solutions across various disciplines including sales, controls, and compliance
- Prioritize and lead the analysis and execution for special projects of varied complexity – both nationally and within the segment
- Utilize data to analyze sales efforts and results and offer actions/solutions for improvement
- Interpret financial results and understand business drivers to assist in identifying opportunities to improve results
- Communicate financial results to management and sales teams
- Represent the segment on various sales, compliance, real estate and other project initiatives
- Assist with internal communications and presentations; prepare presentations and materials to be used in various initiatives, including Quarterly Business Reviews, Senior Management presentations, Sales Meetings, and Town Halls
- Work with both product and client groups to ensure communication and coordination of initiatives
- Manage relationships with product partners, to ensure business unit needs are represented and strategy is communicated
- Utilize data/reports to analyze sales efforts and results and offer actions/solutions to improve (dashboard, scorecards, pipelines, coverage, new/lost business, etc).
- Utilize CB Marketing and CB Market Research team to drive market research and data quality efforts
- Minimum of Bachelors degree required
- Minimum 5-7 years of relevant experience in banking, finance, strategy development, program management and/or business management or other similar role, preferably with knowledge of wholesale banking
- Strong project planning and management abilities in combination with proven teamwork and consensus building skills
- An outstanding ability to analyze problems, apply quantitative analytical approaches, communicate effectively and confidently, and work well in cross-functional teams
- Comfort interpreting and presenting complex data
- Disciplined project management skills
- Mature, independent, highly organized, and self-motivated
- Proficiency with MS Office including Excel, PowerPoint/PitchPro, Outlook and Sharepoint
- Strong time management, organizational, planning and follow-up skills; ability to multi-task effectively and remain calm under pressure.
- Strong attention to detail and attention to the accuracy of the 'finished' product