Commercial Banking (CB) delivers extensive industry knowledge, local expertise and dedicated service to more than 24,000 global clients, including corporations, municipalities, financial institutions and not-for-profit organizations along with nearly 35,000 real estate investors/owners. A CB-wide strategic priority is to ensure that we have best-in-class management metrics, analytics, and reporting programs in place to optimize operational performance, enabling continuous improvements in planning, efficiency, service, and control for various operations functions within CB.
The Business Analysis & Reporting Manager will join the Reporting and Analytics team within Finance & Business Management, leading strategy and execution of business reporting and analytics program. This is a high-visibility role with direct interaction and partnership with various senior stakeholders. The successful candidate will learn core business processes and develop all people, process, and technology components required to support a best-in-class program. Additionally, the candidate will support in development of ad hoc analysis and presentations for Senior Management.
- Define, monitor, and report key managements metrics around the health of an operations program
- Manage a high-volume and high-complexity reporting & analytics book of work, leveraging rigorous project management discipline
- Partner with senior leaders in advancing the business analysis and reporting agenda, focused on insights delivery in areas around operational efficiency, cost modeling, capacity planning, quality enhancements, etc.
- Define, design, and drive high priority strategic initiatives with senior level visibility in areas above - ranging from delivering business initiatives to engineering enabling capabilities
- Develop a deep understanding of systems and processes in order to extract insights from existing data while identifying and recommending IT enhancements to improve data quality
- Develop strong partnerships with IT application owners and data management teams to align on a roadmap for continual improvement while providing support around in-flight projects
- 8+ years of total experience within Analytics, MIS, Operations Research and/or Management Consulting roles with a focus on Financial Services; experience supporting banking operations preferred
- Ability to serve as a strategic business consultant with proven ability to manage high profile data insights and reporting initiatives with senior leadership visibility: vision to strategy to execution, leveraging robust project management discipline to deliver complex initiatives
- Strong quantitative and problem-solving skills
- Knowledge and experience with various analytical and statistical methodologies
- Excellent communication and global client partnership ability
- Competent in the use of data technology to solve complex business problems, with hands-on expertise in the use of multiple Business Intelligence toolsets and database platforms; examples include QlikSense, Tableau, Business Objects, Python, R, SQL/Oracle/Teradata
- Experience in Big Data platforms and technologies (Hadoop, Hive, Pig, Spark, etc.) preferred
- BA / BS in a quantitative field; advanced study a plus