The Client Service team is constantly innovating to raise the bar on our client experience. We play a critical role in listening to customers and escalating pain points to enable our business to improve, deliver, and build a world-class relationship with our clients.
As a Client Service Manager for Corporate Client Banking, you will be responsible for overall day-to-day management of Client Service associates. Management responsibilities include: Strategic Leadership & Change Management, Performance Management & Employee Development, Training, Staff Readiness, Team building and executing the strategy of the firm.
What You'll Do
Here's a look at your new career:
- Integrate, learn, and start building your career with us on Day 1
- Manage a team of client service associates for an assigned book of regional or industry specific clients.
- Lead regular team meetings which foster engagement, growth and collaboration within assigned team.
- Proactively manage teams' work volumes and action items accurately within established deadlines and in accordance with existing policies and procedures
- Evaluate staff performance and provide continuous feedback via informal and formal discussions.
- Coach and develop employees in order for them to achieve both business and personal development goals
- Lead the function with thorough understanding of data and details supporting the department scorecard
- Lead transformation of client solution activities from transactional service to proactive service through the adoption of automation and other digital capabilities.
- Manage client initiatives and remediation
- Evaluate and provide applicable approvals for exception processes.
- Must be very familiar with the market's business resiliency contingency plans both for intra-day situations (e.g. system malfunctions, power outages etc.), and in case of an emergency (e.g. weather related situations work events, crisis)
- Advise and influence senior leaders and business executives on key business decisions and major change initiatives
- Actively engage, research, follow-up and resolve escalated client issues and problems through effective interaction with clients, bankers, product partners, branch/operations areas and other staff in a timely and professional manner
- Serve as role model to foster a culture of trust, transparency and engagement with all members of direct team and broader across CB.
- Be the voice of Service in Banker/Sales and Product Partner meetings. Encourage staff participation and active engagement.
- Influence and drive the execution of the JP Morgan Brand and Culture of Exceptional Quality in Service for a consistent positive Client Experience with every client interaction
What we're looking for
Here's a look at a successful Client Service Manager:
- Strong leadership and management abilities; must be able to think strategically
- Ability to build and lead effective, diverse teams
- Ability to work under pressure, handling multiple tasks/projects and prioritizing to meet deadlines.
- Strong time management skills and ability to handle competing priorities
- Ability to adapt to a rapidly changing business and technology environment; must be a change leader
- Keen understanding of the financial and banking industries and a working knowledge of the key areas of the bank
- Refined professional presentation skills and face to face client servicing background
- Excellent judgment and decision making skills and know when to escalate proactively
- Strong interpersonal and influencing skills, with the ability to establish credibility and strong partnership with senior business and control partners
What lands an interview:
Here's a look at qualified candidates:
- 5+ years of management experience
- Strong knowledge of Treasury & Cash Management Products
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills, in particular, being able to effectively communicate clearly and concisely
- Ability to analyze KPI result reports and team performance data to develop strategic plans in achieving results
- Proficient in MS Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Word)