Commercial and Middle Market Banker
8 - 10 years experience • Financial Services
Commercial & Middle Market Banker
Offer a full range of loan, deposit, and other non-interest income services to existing and prospective business clients. Identify, solicit, develop, manage, service, and expand business relationships in Miami, FL.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Handle loan requests from $5,000,000 up to a total credit relationship of $50,000,000; demonstrate a general understanding of major technical aspects of lending, and have a clear understanding of the basics of credit and finance.
- Develop, underwrite, and service business loans for business and individual clients including management of past dues and maturing loans.
- Interview applicants to develop financial and credit information, to ascertain needs, abilities, earnings, and risk; request necessary information, such as financial and operating statements.
- Evaluate and extend credit and terms in accordance with policy and lending authority.
- Monitor loans to ensure complete conformity with terms and to ascertain any developing trends.
- Aggressively call on potential and existing clients to maintain productivity and profitability in lending and non-lending relationships.
- Ensure commercial banking relationships are fully developed
- Identify and market non-credit services.
- Actively participating in civic affairs and local and professional organizations to identify and develop new clients and enhance the Bank’s image.
Required Skills and Competencies:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent education and related trainingf
- Leadership Development Program graduate from financial institution
- Eight years of experience
- Strong command of credit and finance
- Excellent negotiation skills
- Proficiency in computer applications
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Bilingual - fluent in Spanish