We are powering the age of immune medicine- you can too. At Adaptive, our goal is to meaningfully improve people’s lives by learning from the wisdom of the adaptive immune system.
As an Adapter, you will be surrounded by driven colleagues who think boldly to pursue ground-breaking innovation. You will experience meaningful challenge in your work and be fueled by motivating energy knowing you make a difference in people’s lives.
You belong here- come discover your story at Adaptive.
The Commercial Analysis & Insights Manager is a key contributor supporting the commercial decisions and operations of Adaptive’s Diagnostics business unit. With a focus on Adaptive’s flagship clinical product, the clonoSEQ Assay, this individual will be responsible for developing and providing unbiased, objective, in-depth strategic analyses to inform data-driven decision making for the brand team.
Responsibilities include designing and executing product performance and customer analysis, current market and new product opportunity assessment, qualitative and quantitative market research, competitive intelligence, and both short- and long-range forecasting activities that provide critical decision inputs to Diagnostics commercial leadership.
A successful candidate will bring strong quantitative skills and critical-analytical thinking, strong attention to detail, experience translating large amounts of data and information into a “story”, and will have a demonstrated ability to develop a concrete plan of action when faced with an ambiguous or unstructured problem. S/he will work closely with Commercial leadership and cross-functional teams such as Marketing, Customer Operations, Sales, Clinical Services, Market Access, Finance and Business Intelligence, but should also be comfortable working autonomously at times.
The candidate must be a competent presenter and able to drive effective communication with people across the organization from functional partners to senior executives. The candidate must also be highly proactive, seeking out input from internal stakeholders and always proposing solutions in addition to identifying problems. Finally, the candidate must be creative, finding the most effective approaches to address difficult questions and doing so in a cost- and time-efficient manner.
- Conduct and develop unbiased, objective, in-depth strategic analyses to support clonoSEQ product development or line extension opportunity assessments, incorporating insights and analysis from multiple internal and external sources to enable data-driven decision making
- Design and execute analyses of sales and customer data to inform decisions and evaluate effectiveness of initiatives spanning sales, marketing and customer operations
- Work with cross-functional stakeholders to define business performance metrics; build out reporting infrastructure to support continuous trend analysis and performance evaluation
- Lead creation of market sizing analyses and potential new product forecasts
- Partner with Finance to assess in-line product forecasts vs. actual sales results (revenue / volume) and contribute market / customer insight to inform in-line forecast updates
- Develop detailed (e.g., patient-level) forecast models to contribute to market insight and inform business decision-making (while maintaining alignment with the overall revenue forecast)
- Design and manage the execution of qualitative and quantitative market research projects to inform Adaptive sales and marketing strategies, product development decision and pipeline opportunity prioritization
- Develop and manage an ongoing process for collection, synthesis and communication of market intelligence insights, including developments related to the technology platforms we utilize, our current / potential commercial partners, and our current / potential competitors
- Participate and interact with consultants, marketing research firms and ad agencies to execute projects
- Take ownership for ad hoc projects and analysis in support of ongoing sales, marketing and other commercial organization efforts on an as needed basis
- Bachelor’s degree required (Master’s degree preferred) in business and/or life sciences, or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Required / preferred experience
- Minimum of 7 years (Bachelor’s) or 5 years (Master’s) of prior work experience in commercially oriented roles in the healthcare industry (e.g., pharma/biotech, med device or diagnostics)
- Prior experience in consulting, commercial analysis, market planning, marketing research, forecasting, or commercial / business operations
- Prior experience in oncology or hematology strongly preferred
- Project and vendor management experience preferred
- Specialized knowledge and skills
- Analytical thinker; structured and unstructured problem-solver
- Quantitative analysis and/or modeling experience utilizing MS Excel
- Experience with and knowledge of qualitative and quantitative market research best practices and insight generation
- High level of proficiency in MS Office PowerPoint and Word
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills working with a variety of departments
- Ability to develop communication vehicles for data (e.g., reports) that are clear, actionable and appropriate for the intended audience
- Experience conducting analysis & building reports in Tableau or similar dashboarding tool preferred
- Experience using SQL, Python, or R considered a plus
- Other characteristics such as personal characteristics
- Proactive approach to work
- Excellent written, oral, and presentation communications skills
- Rigorous attention to detail combined with ability to see the big picture
- Strong critical thinking and synthesis skills – e.g., able to identify and summarize key insights and implications from large sources of information
- Proven ability to successfully manage multiple projects in a dynamic environment
- An excellent team player - highly effective in working with others but also capable of working independently as necessary
- Flexible self-starter capable of working independently and within cross-functional teams
- Willingness to “roll up sleeves” to perform at all levels and assist in areas outside of core responsibilities