Boeing Commercial Airplanes' Strategy Organization is looking for a Strategy Development expert to lead integration of market intelligence, development of business strategies, and identification of opportunities for market & business development opportunities covering the airplane cabin and passenger experience domain (Airplane Cabin, Passenger Connectivity and In-Flight Entertainment) across all Boeing Commercial Airplane platforms.
This business leader will utilize financial, technical and market acumen to quantify the value of airplane cabin and passenger experience solutions and services in the marketplace. This position will lead the integration and initial implementation of cross model airplane passenger experience focused business strategies, support identification of new business opportunities, and devise strategic scenarios and strategy evaluation methods to support Company decision making.
The ideal candidate will understand the qualitative and quantitative value of airplane cabin features to airlines, operators, passengers, and the industry. Candidates’ ability to think creatively to quantify feature value to Boeing stakeholders and airline customers, ability to perform market assessments based on customer value, and leadership ability to make recommendations on how to effectively penetrate the market with new and existing passenger experience and cabin related airplane features is critical. In addition, applicants should have supply base familiarity, understand competitive alternatives, and have knowledge of passenger and airline’s cabin demands. This work will shape the near and long term direction of the Boeing airplane cabin and passenger experience solutions.
The position will:
- Lead market demand evaluations and value analysis.
- Support marketing and selling teams across the Commercial business with improved market and value analysis of passenger experience solutions.
- Make recommendations on market uptake rates for cabin and passenger experience features and options.
- Perform competitive benchmarking. Lead airplane features competitive value comparisons on the differentiated value of alternative capabilities and feature solutions.
- Co-lead high-level engagements with customer and industry experts to identify market needs & requirements. Present strategies and plans to broad customer audiences and gain customer feedback.
- Lead development of alternatives to gain customer preference, understand supplier and competitor moves, and narrow alternatives to a recommendation.
- Support senior decision-making through strategic analysis.
- Be recognized as a company expert on cabin and passenger experience business strategies and related business decisions.
- Develop recommendations and gain alignment from senior executives.
- Influence the cabin and passenger experience strategy implementation and go-to-market plans across Commercial Airplanes and Services.
Boeing is the world's largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. We are engineers and technicians. Skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and dreamers. Join us, and you can build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world.
Relocation Assistance Available
Yes. Available for eligible candidates, if authorized.
Bachelor's degree and typically 9 or more years' related work experience or a Master's degree with typically 7 or more years' or a PhD degree with typically 4 or more years' related work experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Basic Qualifications (Required Experience)
- Bachelor's Degree Required
- At least 3 years of experience in a Strategy role, including market and competitive research and analysis, strategy development, and leading strategy decisions with stakeholders.
Desired Experience (Preferred):
- Experience at an airline or supplier working closely with airline customers
- Leading trend research & competitive landscape evaluations
- Working with customers and/or suppliers on cabin and passenger experience solutions
- Proven skills to collaborate with cross-functional teams and ability to influence others to support decisions
- Developing go-to-market plans to launch new features into the market