Commercial Accounts Account Executive
The Commercial AccountsAccount Executive is the primary relationship manager for a number of Teradata customers within a Region. The person is responsible for the profitable sales of the Teradata Solutions portfolio including applications, consulting services, software, platforms and support services.
- Understand Teradata’s Solution offerings and key differentiators to develop and successfully execute sales strategies that expand and maximize Teradata’s business relationships across the assigned rider.
- Develop and maintain a deep understanding of each assigned customer’s key business initiatives to effectively position Teradata’s solution and consulting services portfolio in terms of ROI and relevant business metrics
- Establish and enhance key relationships up and across each assigned customer’s Business and IT organization
- Establish and enhance key relationships with the SI and vendor community to ensure the timely delivery and accelerated business user utilization of Teradata’s analytic solutions
- Capitalize on industry knowledge and contacts to uncover new business opportunities
- Effectively advise and influence customers through consultative, solution based selling techniques
- Utilize team members including post-sale delivery professionals, pre-sale technical and business professionals, and management to achieve business objectives
- Rely on excellent leadership and interpersonal skills to initiate and maintain executive-level interaction and customer satisfaction
This position will support a Sales Director. Individuals in this role work closely with their customers, sales director, solution sales consultants, business consultant, pre-sale consultants, professional services and support associates. The ability to develop and coordinate a cross-functional team environment will be critical to the success of this position. Position required to work out of our Rancho Bernardo office in San Diego.
- 3-5+ years of experience in selling software services specifically in the database, enterprise software, and/or ecommerce space.
- Some technical and business knowledge is necessary
- Must be a highly effective communicator, through written and oral presentations to all levels of contacts, internal and external
- Proven ability to run a full Sales Cycle Virtually.
- Demonstrated success in selling enterprise-class analytic solutions
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- A successful candidate should be driven, creative, a self-starter, team player and strategic thinker. The candidate must possess the ability to lead, advise and advocate for customers.
- Proven ability to establish rapport, develop, and maintain strong customer relationships
- Previous relevant experience with data warehouse or enterprise software/ service companies a plus
- Strong verbal, written communication, and interpersonal skills
- Strong sales and problem-solving skills
- Excellent Time Management Skills
- Excellent Team Building and Management Skills
- Recognized success with Financial Services, Retail and/or Health Care Industry. This success pertains to one’s demonstrated ability to understand the current business problems that face customers in the industry, staying on top of industry trends, predicting/forecasting business problems, and being able to articulate how Teradata solutions can help the customer.
- Previous experience selling Data, Analytics, and/or Cloud computing solutions.