Teradata empowers companies to achieve high-impact business outcomes through analytics. With a powerful combination of Industry expertise and leading hybrid cloud technologies for data warehousing and big data analytics, Teradata unleashes the potential of great companies. Partnering with top companies around the world, Teradata helps improve customer experience, mitigate risk, drive product innovation, achieve operational excellence, transform finance, and optimize assets. Teradata is recognized by media and industry analysts as a future-focused company for its technological excellence, sustainability, ethics, and business value.
The Teradata culture isn’t just about one kind of person. So many individuals make up who we are, making us that much more unique. It’s what sets apart the dynamic, diverse and collaborative environment that is Teradata. But even as individuals, there’s one thing that we all share —our united goal of making Teradata and our people the best we can be.
The Commercial Account Development and Pricing Managersupports a sales territory, navigating large and complex transactions from a business standpoint with an overall goal of optimizing transaction deal structure to maximize revenue and profit. This position specifically supports the Midwest Geography and could be located in Dayton, OH or San Diego, CA. Teaming with the technical pricing manager and the sales team, this position also provides vital counsel to Sales and Sales Management concerning the most appropriate purchasing structure for a customer transaction given the customer’s purchasing and budgeting requirements. This position will advise on appropriate deal structures as they relate to preferred revenue recognition treatment. This may include an understanding of current customer agreements to develop a strategy with the sales teams to amend those agreements, when required, to support Teradata’s strategic objectives and maximize revenue and profit. Overall, on a day-to-day basis, working with the sales teams, this individual is accountable for using general business skills and knowledge to assist the Region VP and Sales management team win business and drive profitable growth. This position will be customer facing when required. Close working relationships are required with Sales, Financial Planning, Revenue Recognition, Legal, Product Management and other functions. The position reports to the Americas Pricing Director.
- Participate in account planning sessions with sales teams to develop strategy on growing revenue and profit
- Coordinate across organizations to support large deal transactions from a business perspective
- Utilize high business acumen with the ability to understand and analyze financial and competitive data, and apply it to optimize sales opportunities.
- Understand Teradata analytic technology to identify the customer value and competitive position that drives price and profit in opportunities for customers when using Teradata products and services
- Knowledge of accounting principles in order to understand customer purchasing impacts on Teradata’s offerings, including changes to revenue recognition and other accounting guidelines
- Creative thinker, able to come up with alternatives that increase offer effectiveness while protecting current and future price realization
- Understanding of the technology industry and price drivers
- Ability to review and interpret complex contract/customer agreement details
- Proficient verbal and written skills to communicate through all levels of the organization
- Strong leadership and excellent interpersonal skills. Ability to work closely with sales and sales management, and draw on other, often remote company resources
- The ability to professionally discuss business issues with management and offer advice and alternatives
- MBA or equivalent
- Minimum 5 years related work experience. Could be in a broad range of functions including but not limited to Sales, Legal/Contracts, M&A/Investment Banking, Procurement, or Consulting
- Demonstrated financial/analytical skills gained through formal education, certification or work experience
- Established understanding of complex contracting terms and conditions
- Detail oriented and self-directed individual
- Knowledge of Software Information Technology industry
- Able to travel 25-50% of the time
- Sales-oriented, business savvy individual with financial expertise
- Experience in Data Analytics industry