Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. The Apple Media Products Commerce Engineering team is looking for an experienced, talented and self-motivated software engineer to lead several data architecture and technical compliance efforts across the commerce landscape. We are an exciting engineering team that has been leading the digitaldistribution industry by constantly developing innovative features to grow and expand the iTunes Store, App Store, iBooks Store and services such as Apple Music. The position requires someone comfortable with all aspects of the software design lifecycle and experienced with high performance distributed systems. We partner with a variety of cross and multi-functional team members from a diverse array of groups across the company. Do you thrive in a dynamic cross-functional environment and are you able to pivot with constantly evolving requirements and new technologies? The you’ll love it here.
- 7+ years of relevant work experience designing, implementing, and supporting highly scalable and highly reliable applications and web services.
- Experience building and leading a team of highly skilled engineers and or/leading technical projects from start to finish
- Extreme attention to detail and ability to self-audit work
- Exceptional Java and object-oriented programming skills
- In-depth knowledge of relational database systems (Oracle preferred) as well as NoSQL data stores and data modeling
- Familiarity with data privacy and data protection regulations and standards
Customer privacy is very important at Apple and we take tremendous care in how we collect, use, disclose, transfer, and store the information of our customers. You will work with an engineering team within Apple Media Products (AMP) Commerce Engineering to develop technical solutions to global data privacy regulations covering several areas including data access/consent and data retention. You will work cross-functionally with several teams including Apple-wide program management, legal and privacy, anti-fraud, big data and data warehousing, design, UI, operations, and production support on designing, building or improving scalable systems that are used across the commerce data landscape. You will be challenged to manage, evolve, and invent new features to address ever-changing regulations. In addition, you must be able to investigate and adopt new technology, be comfortable working in a fast-paced environment, and have a “can-do” attitude. Excellent negotiation and communication skills will also be critical in this role.
BS in Computer Science or related field. MS preferred.