- Manage, supervise, and coordinate the efforts of contractor personnel in development of scenarios, concepts, products and other deliverables that may be specified in support of scenario development and event design for MAGTF and joint/combined exercises.
- Supervise and manage contractor personnel acting in an advisory capacity and/or perform the functional responsibilities of event billets that may include but are not limited to General and Joint staff sections for both Service and functional component headquarters and Joint Force Headquarters.
- Determine required effort and time to complete tasks.
- Perform research of concepts and plans, conduct analysis of factual data, and prepare reports, briefs, and documents in support of event scenario development and higher and adjacent headquarters functions.
- Act in an advisory capacity to, or perform the role of, Event Chief of Staff.
- Understand the joint/combined and Marine Corps Planning Processes.
- Attend conferences and meetings at both the resident site and other locations off-site.
- Assist in reviewing classified material and recommend a lesser classification for use in events, models, simulations, demonstrations, reports, and/or briefings.
- On occasion, is expected to prepare lesson plans and seminars, and provide instruction to Field Grade and General Officers.
- Communicate and coordinate with the Intelligence Coordination Cell.
- Exercise Control Group Higher Headquarters, Opposing Force Branch Head, Head Observer Collector, and Exercise Control Officer for possible inclusion/injection of TS/SCI information into MSTP supported exercises and events.
- Participate in Exercise Scenario Development Conferences at the TS/SCI security level in support of the exercise design process for MSTP supported exercises and events.
- Coordinate with the on-site SSO and SIO prior to including/injecting any information obtained within the SCIF, into MSTP supported exercises.
TYPICAL EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelors and ten (10) years or more of related experience; Masters and eight (8) years or more experience; PhD or JD and two (2) years or more experience.
- Must be eligible for at least a top-secret clearance and ability to acquire TS/SCI access.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum eight years’ operational involvement in deployment and employment of ground combat, aviation, supporting arms, and/or combat service support units and related equipment.
- Minimum three years’ demonstrated knowledge of military doctrine, tactics, and command relationships at the operational command level as measured by actual operational force employment experience.
- Minimum three years’ experience in military training and education.
DESIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Direct participation in real world operations.
- Bachelor's degree.
- Attendance at Intermediate Level School such as Marine Corps Command and Staff College or completion of equivalent nonresident course.
- Desired Education. Major in operations research, computer science, management, military science, political science, or equivalent area. Master's degree desirable.
- Attendance at School of Advanced Warfighting or Naval War College is preferred.