Gryphon, headquartered in Washington, DC, is a premier engineering services firm with expertise in Systems Integration, C4ISR, T&E and Integrated Logistics with a focus on Cyber Security for Control Systems for all Navy platforms and systems. Gryphon provides the skills necessary to manage the development and operations of these mission critical systems. For over 15years, the Company has designed, integrated, maintained, and upgraded state-of-the-art systems for the Department of Defense. Gryphon also provides many of its government clients with the systems analysis, integration, and program management skills necessary to manage the development and operations of their mission critical systems. Gryphon Technologies is the federal government’s partner working in support of mission critical systems. We are proud of our ability to help shape tomorrow, while ensuring today’s U.S. and coalition forces can carry out their critical missions and tasks.
Gryphon Technologies, LC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Minorities, Females, Disabled, & Veterans are encouraged to apply.
We are seeking a Combat System Technician for a position located in Chesapeake, VA. This position will be overall responsible for the scoping, preparing, development, validation, implementation, and life cycle maintenance of Combat Systems Operational Sequencing System (CSOSS) documentation for assigned efforts on-board US Navy and Coast Guard ships. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Analyze system factors and alternative methods of problem resolution on projects to determine feasibility in providing technical guidance in planning, scheduling and executing projects.
- Responsible to work with supervisors in the preparation of the mission package for final publishing.
- Support project in identification and management of project risk to include risk handling, contingencies, and mitigation.
- Is the final Quality Assurance (QA) authority for assigned products. Updates shipboard packages to reflect changes resulting from feedback reports, new system installations, system modifications, ship alterations, field/engineering changes and CORE updates and additions.
- Initiates Internal Feedback Reports to make changes to the Developer’s Guide when existing documentation is inaccurate or incomplete.
Some work performed in shipyards requiring climbing, bending, and mobility required to access equipment/spaces. Remaining work performed in office setting. Up to 30% travel.
Ideal candidate will have been one of the following rates:
- IT - ADP (CANES, ISNS experiencepreferred)
- FC (SSDS experiencepreferred)
Ideal candidate will have a minimum of five years’ experience within Navy shipboard environment, at least two years of experience within the Combat Systems Operational Sequencing System (CSOSS) Program, and a CSOOW qualification.