Are you a successful systems engineer who would like to be a major contributor to the design of future System of Systems capabilities?
Would you like the opportunity to influence the design and integration of future combat systems?
Do you enjoy solving complex problems and puzzles?
If so, we believe this may be the opportunity for you and would like you to apply.
We are committed to inventing the next generation of solutions to complex warfare challenges. We want you to help us reach our goal in identifying emerging information exchange needs and develop groundbreaking solutions for integrated fire control and force-level systems in distributed warfare theatres.
As a Combat System Integration Engineer….
- Your primary responsibility will be to determine innovative methods for integrating new types of sensors, weapons, and information into the Cooperative Engagement Capability (CEC) and Future Combat Systems (i.e., AEGIS).
- You will ensure correct specification of end-to-end exchange, translation, and processing of information from sensor detection to operator display.
- You will define element interface requirements, message exchanges, and message data content in support of Combat System Interface Description Document (IDD) development.
- You will understand and analyze various aspects of combat and weapon system functionality as related to integration with networks providing Integrated Fire Control (IFC) capability.
- You will understand and assess multi-faceted sensor (individual and netted) performance metrics as related to the needs of the naval combat and weapon systems across multiple mission areas (AAW, SUW, and BMD).
- You will analyze Combat System interfaces and recorded test data in live and simulated environments to ensure proper functionality and performance.
: You meet our minimum qualifications for the job if you...
- Possess a BS degree in Engineering, Mathematics, Computer Science, or a related field.
- Have 5+ years of experience in systems engineering work.
- Have experience solving complex system of systems problems
- Have proficient analytical and leadership skills.
- Have adept personal and professional communications skills, are comfortable working with staff, management, and sponsors at all levels.
- Can be able to perform effectively as part of a multi-disciplinary team.
- Are willing and able to travel up to five days per month to remote sites and are comfortable working in closed areas.
- Are able to obtain an Interim Secret security clearance by your start date and can ultimately obtain a Top Secret clearance. If selected, you will be subject to a government security clearance investigation and must meet the requirements for access to classified information. Eligibility requirements include U.S. citizenship.
You'll go above and beyond our minimum requirements if you...
- Possess a MS degree in a technical field.
- Have experience with the Cooperative Engagement Capability.
- Have experience with AEGIS Combat Systems and interfaces.
- Have experience and background in some or all of the following:
- Systems engineering
- Active and passive sensors
- Track management concepts
- Combat systems requirements and interfaces