- Support the Branch Head in the management, supervision, and coordination of the efforts of contractor personnel in their replication of an OPFOR of an appropriate size and composition commensurate with event design and scenario development.
- Perform the duties of the Branch Head in the Branch Head’s absence.
- Operate a model/simulation during an event, and provide training to other users with respect to combat arms.
- Translate real world or fictional enemy force structures into an event database.
- Develop and verify the accuracy of the OPFOR event database for employment in the Simulation- supported CPX.
- The OPFOR functions as a "thinking enemy" during events to help provide a realistic, challenging training environment.
- Conduct research on threat capabilities, doctrine, and organization to support detailed mission planning in order to develop a complete OPFOR concept of operations documented in a Fragmentary Order.
- Represent an OPFOR subordinate unit or a functional area within the OPFOR operations cell (including, but not limited to future operations, current operations, fires, intelligence, and logistics) to coordinate operations, combat assessment, and execution planning during conduct of the CPX.
- Prepare fragmentary orders as required to initiate/coordinate the activities of OPFOR subordinate units during execution.
- Identify strengths and weaknesses as they occur during an event, model, or simulation.
- Research, document, and extract factual data for composition of threat military forces for a model/simulation.
- Analyze problem areas and postulate feasible solutions.
- Participate in and conduct reviews and structured walkthroughs of events, operation orders and plans, information-gathering requirements etc.
- Provide analysis during events and attend conferences and meetings at both the resident site and other locations off-site.
- Support the development of scripted exercises to include MSEL and storyline development.
- Assist in reviewing classified material and recommend a lesser classification for use in events, models, simulations, demonstrations, reports, and/or briefings.
- Participate in Joint exercise design process, attend conferences and provide input to the scenario development process up to the TS/SCI security level.
- Research current TS/SCI-level information of potential threat-force orders-of- battle, as well as those forces' capabilities, vulnerabilities and intentions.
TYPICAL EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelors and six (6) years or more of related experience; Masters and four (4) years or more experience; PhD and 0 years related experience
- Must be eligible for at least a top-secret clearance and ability to acquire TS/SCI clearance.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Civilian Education.
- Bachelor's degree required; major in operations research, computer science, management, military science, political science, or equivalent area desired.
- Military Education.
- Minimum three years’ experience in military training and education.
- Attendance at Intermediate Level School such as Marine Corps CSC or completion of equivalent nonresident course required.
- Attendance at SAW or NWC is preferred. Military Operational Experience.
- Minimum six years’ operational experience in deployment and employment of ground combat, aviation, supporting arms, and combat service support units and related equipment.
- Minimum three years’ demonstrated knowledge of military doctrine, tactics, and command relationships at the operational command level as measured by actual operational force employment experience.
- Minimum two years developing databases and conducting exercises or analysis efforts.
- Direct participation in real world operations is desired.
- Modeling and Simulation Experience.
- Minimum two years’ experience in DoD modeling and simulation.