Yamaha Motor Corporation, U.S.A. is a growing and dynamic organization with superb products that include motorcycles, outboard motors, ATVs, personal watercraft, snowmobiles, boats, power assist bicycles, outdoor power equipment, race kart engines, Golf Cars, accessories, apparel, and much more! We are a company of enthusiasts and have passion for our products!
Yamaha has an excellent opportunity for a Collections Supervisor to join our Yamaha Motor Finance team in Cypress, CA. The Collections Supervisor is responsible for the late stage collection activities for the Full Spectrum Installment and Credit Card portfolios.
Specific duties include, but are not limited to:
- Supervises the day to day operations, including activities related to late stage collections, pre-charge-offs, military accounts, insurance claims and product refunds.
- Monitors team performance, provides leadership, one-on-one coaching, guidance, feedback, motivation, promotes team work and cross training, and completes performance evaluation reviews.
- Directs workflows and assigns queues as needed to help meet operational goals. Prepares daily, weekly, and monthly reports for management.
- Resolves customer inquiries, disputes, and handles escalated calls. Also works with internal departments to resolve disputes.
- Sets, adjusts, reviews & monitors employee’s attendance schedule and ensures department coverage.
- Coordinates and handles the training of new employees. Ensures that the new hire has a full understanding of the departmental procedures and their responsibilities.
- Listens to recorded calls, monitor calls and completes score cards.
- Updates department letters, checklists and procedures to ensure compliance and recommend updates as needed.
- Understands and adheres to company policies and procedures. Complies with all state, federal laws and regulations with regards to appropriate contact/dialogue with consumers.
- Other duties assigned by Management.
Knowledge and Experience Requirements:
- 7 years Powersports and/or Auto Finance Industry experience in collections, skip-tracing & insurance claims
- Associates Degree or equivalent combination of education/experience
- Strong knowledge of FDCPA, FCRA, FACTA, TCPA and Multi-State Repossession Laws
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong problem-solving and strong negotiation skills
- Proficiency in MS Office (i.e., Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook, etc.)
- Strong Emotional Intelligence Skills in order to handle difficult conversations, manage stress and have patience while keeping emotions under control
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task, meet deadlines and adapt quickly to changes in a fast-paced environment