Contribute to a Safer, More Secure, and More Sustainable World. At UL, we know why we come to work. Thousands of us around the world wake up every day with one common purpose – to make the world a safer, more secure, and more sustainable place to live. We clear the way for our customers to introduce the latest products, technological advances, and systems in an increasingly complex world so they can provide peace of mind to the market. Our integrity is woven throughout our company and shapes the way we approach and deliver our solutions. We are proud that the work we do every day has a meaningful contribution to society. We continue to build upon our legacy of trusted expertise and partnership to keep our communities safe and secure as we march forward into the future. This helps us to sleep better at night, and we are confident that the millions of people we touch rest easier too.
Supervises staff and daily operations of Finance department Collection function on a regional basis. Ensures staff follows global policies, procedures and processes related to collection activity. Supervises delinquent account collection activity and customer follow-up. Works with management and collections staff to maximize effectiveness of process, ensuring timely collections and increasing productivity.
- Ensures collection staff follows global policies, procedures and processes related to collection activity.
- Supervises delinquent account collection activity and customer follow-up.
- Works with management and collections staff to maximize effectiveness of process, ensuring timely collections and increasing productivity.
- Supervises with collection staff the arrangement of payment terms and follow-up collection of accounts.
- Supervises collections admin and collectors. Leads collection staff with customer questions on collection process and works to handle difficult escalated questions and issues.
- Works with management to determine collection effectiveness, metrics and track performance to bring about improvements in process.
- Manages the performance of direct reports by defining accountabilities, establishing performance objectives, providing feedback and guidance, and ensures that all policies are understood and adhered to.
- Performs other duties as directed.
- Some University education in Accounting or related field and generally five years of directly related experience, with two to three years supervising or overseeing a team
- Demonstrated experience working in a collection role with large client companies
- Demonstrated ability to analyze financial data and calculate the financial impact opportunities for the company
- Demonstrated ability to manage departmental objectives, staffing and budgets
- Knowledge of the fundamentals of accounting and finance
- Strong focus on process improvement and team development