At the direction of the Accounts Receivable & Collections Director and Accounts Receivable & Collections Manager, this individual will be responsible for:
- Coordinating collections with the individual partners and clients to secure payments on a timely basis either by communicating with clients verbally or by written or electronic communication.
- Coordinating with a group of assigned partners to discuss their receivables portfolio and discuss steps and action needed to resolve past due balances.
- Assisting the team in researching, analyzing and resolving client deductions. (Coordinate w/partners, finance committee co-chairs, clients, other finance team staff , administrative assistants & other attorneys).
- Assisting the team in researching, analyzing and resolving unapplied credits. (Coordinate w/partners, clients, other finance team staff and administrative assistants).
- Assisting the team with completing vendor forms as well as processing the reallocation of credits, write offs, refunds, providing duplicate copies of bills and analyzing multi payer client accounts. (Coordinate w/partners, finance committee co-chairs, clients, other finance team staff ).
- Collaborating with the Billing Department, the across Operations Team and Finance Department regarding client deductions, cash receipts, collections and other projects.
- Bachelor’s degreerequired
- Must have a minimum of 5 years’ experience as a Collections Specialist in the legal or professional service industry. Previous experience at a law firm and interfacing with partners and clients is a plus. Elite experience is a plus.
- Must have the capability to follow up on client accounts with minimal supervision.
- Must be a motivated self-starter with the ability to work well under pressure and with a high degree of accuracy.
- Ability to meet strict deadlines and interact well with co-workers.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and analytical skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Must be proficient in Word and Excel.
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of the work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.