Synthego is looking for a dynamic collections manager. As a key member of the Synthego accounting team, the Collections Manager, will be responsible for leading our Collections functions, including commercial and academic customers. You will be responsible for managing, maintaining, and monitoring our accounts receivable aging and collections efforts. We�re looking for someone with a high level of business acumen, which you leverage to communicate and partner cross-functionally to drive business outcomes. It is your goal to optimize the efficiency of the Collections processes and systems by evaluating and automating our procedures and project managing initiatives that will improve these areas. You are a problem solver who thrives off of a fast-paced environment where new customers, new products/services and operational processes are being introduced daily.What You'll Do
- Collections Operations: Actively participate in the collections process for commercial and academic customers. Work to improve the credit card collection process
- Manage the Collections process, including developing metrics to track team performance and keep Finance leadership apprised of results including KPI.
- Act as liaison between Inside Sales Operations and Finance to resolve system discrepancies and to develop systemic enhancements to gain efficiencies. Maintain operational and specific product line knowledge with the ability to translate and correlate this data to billing practices and requirements
- Up-level Synthego collections process via systems improvements and software recommendations
- Assist with external financial audits and other due diligence requests
- Work closely with other members of the Finance team on monthly reconciliation efforts, tracking invoice reconciliation, reviewing data for irregularities and errors on a regular, on-going basis, and providing regular feedback to internal teams on reconciliation progress
- Manage Sales Tax reporting function
- Bachelor�s degree (preferred in Business, Accounting, or Finance)
- 5+ years of progressive Collections experience
- Netsuite experience is highly desired
- B2B Portal such as Ariba and Tulia experience is highly desired
- Experience evaluating processes and using data to make process design changes and improvements
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, including excellent written, oral, listening and presentation skills, and ability to work well under pressure and interact at all levels
- Teamwork is essential to the group, so it is critical that the candidate interact with other team members and manages collaboratively and effectively
- Advanced computer skills especially in Microsoft Excel.
Synthego is a genome engineering company that enables the acceleration of life science research and development in the pursuit of improved human health.
The company leverages machine learning, automation, and gene editing to build platforms for science at scale. With its foundations in engineering disciplines, the company�s platforms vertically integrate proprietary hardware, software, bioinformatics, chemistries, and molecular biology to advance basic research, target validation, and clinical trials.
By providing both commercial and academic researchers and therapeutic developers with unprecedented access to cutting-edge genome engineering, Synthego is at the forefront of innovation, accelerating the development of truly engineered biology.