PRIMARY PURPOSE: To assist in leading and managing the people management related programs and processes of the company; to work with management to execute the planning and delivery of various CR programs and services; and to provide skillful coaching and consultative CR support to management teams and colleagues.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS and RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provides business unit(s) management and colleagues' advice, coaching, and consulting in the areas of talent management, compensation, colleague retention, business analytics, leadership development, colleague development, policy interpretation and implementation, and conflict resolution.
- Builds and maintains effective collaborative relationships with the management team of assigned groups and leadership; proactively identifies issues before the affect productivity and turnover; and develops subject matter expertise in assigned business area(s).
- Understands business cycles and staffing needs of the organization to develop human capital strategies to build the capability of the workforce to meet business goals; assists in managing recruiting and staffing initiatives, counsels line managers in final selections and compensation; and consults with leaders for talent planning and career development.
- Disseminates and facilitates colleague resources (CR) and organizational development training resources to front line and leadership to assist them in developing their people management skills.
- Works with the CR shared services teams on compensation and benefits management, including salary surveys, job development and industry benchmarking, and on payroll and salary administration.
ADDITIONAL FUNCTIONS and RESPONSIBILITIES
- Performs other duties as required.
- Supports the organization's quality program(s).
- Travels as required.
- Administers company personnel policies in all areas and follows company staffing standards and training recommendations.
- Interviews, hires and establishes colleague performance development plans; conducts colleague performance discussions.
- Provides support, guidance, leadership and motivation to promote maximum performance.
Education & Licensing
Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university preferred. Professional certification related to this position preferred.
Eight (8) years of human resources experience with progressively increasing responsibilities or equivalent combination of education and experience required. Human resources generalist experience preferred.
Skills & Knowledge
- Thorough knowledge of human resources laws, regulations, and processes
- Negotiation skills
- Project management and change management skills
- Strong business acumen
- Strong time management and priorities management skills
- Analytical and problem solving skills
- Excellent oral and written communication, including presentation skills
- PC literate, including Microsoft Office products
- Leadership/management/motivational skills
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to meet or exceed Performance Competencies.