New York, NY
Industry: Financial Services•
Not Specified years
Posted 250 days ago
Collateral Control Analyst
The Global Financing Collateral Control Specialist is responsible for collaborating with all of the Global Finance business lines in the Americas (Global Energy & Commodities, Project Finance, Acquisition Sponsor Finance and Aviation), Operations Management and othersupport functions to ensure optimal support, customer service, risk management and process improvement.
- maintaining a portfolio of committed and uncommitted client files, enforcing established procedures, monitoring risks, employing sound practices that will ensure a high level of service to both internal and external customers of the bank.
- leveraging past commodities collateral management experience for refining processes and procedures and educating team members where necessary.
- Advanced knowledge of commodities borrowing base and transactional financing structures, as well as strong written and verbal skills.
- Knowledge of commodities hedging activities and Structured Investment Products (SIP) are a plus.
- The ability to professionally and effectively interact with FO, Risk Management, external clients, audit and other teams / individuals
- Knowledge of covenant maintenance for all Global Finance clients, insurance premium calculations, vessel / OFAC checks (AML mitigation), KPI reporting, attendance at staff meetings, riskreporting and ability to meet project deadlines.
- Monitor transactional commodity collateral to ensure client positions are within approved limits
- Analyze borrowing bases provided by clients, observe trends and understand the business cycles.
- Reconcile liabilities to the Bank's systems and investigate any discrepancies.
- Discuss any discrepancies or deviations with account managers
- Input various forms of collateral for the non-GEC deals
- Perform activities by adhering to the group's policies and procedures
- Review and provide feedback on the current procedures for the purpose of developing best practices and minimizing operational risks
- Develop and maintain strong collaborative relationships with Global Finance Front Office, external clients, Audit, Compliance, Legal, IT and othersupport departments
- Monitor a portfolio of Borrowing Base and transactional clients to ensure daily collateral compliance
- Review Key Performance indicators and analyze trends that may warrant a shift in strategic planning (i.e. support focus, process change)
- Monitor and proactively seek to minimize operational risks
- Proactively identify process improvements and work withsupport teams (IT, other Ops team members) and work with supervisor to implement necessary changes
- Work closely to BPO team to have exposures accurately booked in ACBS and to have covenants updated in Safram