Collateral Control Analyst
The Global Financing Collateral Control Specialist is responsible for collaborating with all of the Global Finance business lines in the Americas (Global Energy & Commodities, Project Finance, Acquisition Sponsor Finance and Aviation), Operations Management and othersupport functions to ensure optimal support, customer service, risk management and process improvement.
- maintaining a portfolio of committed and uncommitted client files, enforcing established procedures, monitoring risks, employing sound practices that will ensure a high level of service to both internal and external customers of the bank.
- leveraging past commodities collateral management experience for refining processes and procedures and educating team members where necessary.
- Advanced knowledge of commodities borrowing base and transactional financing structures, as well as strong written and verbal skills.
- Knowledge of commodities hedging activities and Structured Investment Products (SIP) are a plus.
- The ability to professionally and effectively interact with FO, Risk Management, external clients, audit and other teams / individuals
- Knowledge of covenant maintenance for all Global Finance clients, insurance premium calculations, vessel / OFAC checks (AML mitigation), KPI reporting, attendance at staff meetings, riskreporting and ability to meet project deadlines.
- Monitor transactional commodity collateral to ensure client positions are within approved limits
- Analyze borrowing bases provided by clients, observe trends and understand the business cycles.
- Reconcile liabilities to the Bank's systems and investigate any discrepancies.
- Discuss any discrepancies or deviations with account managers
- Input various forms of collateral for the non-GEC deals
- Perform activities by adhering to the group's policies and procedures
- Review and provide feedback on the current procedures for the purpose of developing best practices and minimizing operational risks
- Develop and maintain strong collaborative relationships with Global Finance Front Office, external clients, Audit, Compliance, Legal, IT and othersupport departments
- Monitor a portfolio of Borrowing Base and transactional clients to ensure daily collateral compliance
- Review Key Performance indicators and analyze trends that may warrant a shift in strategic planning (i.e. support focus, process change)
- Monitor and proactively seek to minimize operational risks
- Proactively identify process improvements and work withsupport teams (IT, other Ops team members) and work with supervisor to implement necessary changes
- Work closely to BPO team to have exposures accurately booked in ACBS and to have covenants updated in Safram