Collaborative Direct Marketing Director
The Collaborative Direct Marketing Director will lead and serve as a subject matter expert in the development/design, training, reporting and business process work streams of the phase 1 implementation of Blackbaud CRM (CRM) and Merkle’s Marketing Database/environment (IMOE). The role will play a key role in keeping the project on schedule (with a go live date of September 2017).
The Collaborative Direct Marketing Director will simultaneously develop the phase 2 CRM/IMOE priorities with their IT, Finance and Resource Development colleagues. They will then lead and serve as a subject matter expert in implementing phase 2 of the project. Those priorities will include:
- Implementation of Marketing Automation.
- Implementation of a Data Management Platform for expanding digital fundraising efforts.
- Implementation of Attribution Modeling (media mix optimization).
- Adapting CRM/IMOE for Collaborative Pilots.
The position will also manage the development of the DM Collaborative Development Pilot Design in conjunction with the Collaborative Fundraising Project Director. These pilots must be designed in a way that will give the best chance for success and with the ability to measure that success. As part of the design and pilot phases, the Collaborative Direct Marketing Director will also:
- Conduct RFP’s for Direct Marketing consulting/implementation services.
- Direct firm(s) once they are in place.
- Hire staff at the pilot implementation stage (a future stage) and direct that staff ongoing.
The Collaborative Direct Marketing Director will also work with the rest of the Direct Marketing team to integrate the DM Collaborative Development Design/Pilots into the current and future states of the HFHI Direct Marketing Program. As part of that integration, the Collaborative Direct Marketing Director will develop Constituent Journeys and Data Governance leveraging the marketing automation technology implemented in phase 2 of the CRM/IMOE project.
These journeys must integrate donor, volunteer, advocacy and other potential journeys (including those of affiliate constituencies once the pilots are designed). Once the Collaborative Direct Marketing pilots and the system implementations are complete, the Collaborative Direct Marketing Director will focus on Direct Marketing Collaborative rollout to the affiliate network.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- 10+ years experience in the development/design and technology implementation in developing fundraising pilots.
- The Collaborative Direct Marketing Director must have a combination of strategic, creative and analytical thinking along with a sense of urgency around achieving fundraising goals.
- Experience collaborating with others in a complex, federated, matrix-structured, mulitnational, dynamic organizational environment.
- Ability to manage a multi million dollar expense and revenue budget.
- Experience in launching new direct marketing/fundraising programs.
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to make data driven decisions that lead to innovative approaches for developing fundraising programs.
- Demonstrated track record of successful fundraising in an environment of similar complexity.
- Ability to develop trust and strong collaborative working relationships .
- Excellent communication skills, including the ability to write and speak clearly and effectively, with excellent listening skills.
- Passion for and commitment to the HFH mission.
- Strong technology skills and experience that ideally includes an understanding of: large-scale database management; nonprofit constituency relationship management systems; and web-application development processes.
- High energy level, self-confidence and a positive “can-do” attitude are essential.
- Exceptional communication and relationship building skills along with excellent project management skills (with the ability to handle multiple projects concurrently).
- Ability to manage direct reports and collaborate with other Direct Marketing staff to successfully motivate them and collectively reach the depts. fundraising goals.
- Office and computer equipment skills (internet, Excel, email, electronic calendar, word processing, electronic forms, Microsoft Environment) are required.