In this position you will have the following responsibilities:
- Work with vendors and regional departments with purchasing and fiscal measures in regards to vendor management and asset management. Provide input on work estimates and budgets for IT initiatives that involve video conferencing infrastructure environments.
- Possess a working understanding of, provide input, and assist with technical support with video conference services for all hardware and software installed. Including, but not limited to the video conference bridges, desktop video, web and audio, and the design of video conferencing infrastructure employing cameras, lighting, and staging.
- Responsibilities include planning, design, and operations of multi-system and multi-platform infrastructures to support several services including but not limited to Telepresence, group, desktop, scheduling, integration to desktop unified communications platforms, voice and video call control, call routing and dial-plan management. Identify opportunities available with evolving networktechnologies. Focus on evolving standards in the video communications industry and assess the financial and business impact.
- Possess background, knowledge, and confidence to assist in setting global configuration, deployment, and event standards including equipment selection, vendor selection, and operational processes and procedures. Experience in generating and maintaining requirements, test and evaluate possible future technical architectures, analyze and resolve complex system issues, leading and/or participating in operational reviews and providing technical guidance based upon expertise.
- Work under minimal or no supervision without requiring detailed instructions regarding the execution of tasks specific to performing video systems support services, and the ability to effectively set priorities without direction. Performs complex tasks, decision making or in-depth analysis with minimal direction.
- Ability to delegate responsibilities among team; assist in prioritizing projects and effectively address challenging situations, escalated issues, difficult conditions with customers, extended support staff and vendors. Ability to build team relationships and partnerships across organizational lines including current and potential affiliates.
- Provide training, mentoring, and technical leadership to staff of various technical skill levels including level one and two.
- Demonstrates exceptional integrity
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong program & project management skills
- Strong analytical and organization skills
- Skill in negotiating under stressful or difficult conditions
- Time management and preparation skills
- Cooperative spirit in working with others in seeking resolution to problems or differences of opinion
- Provide leadership regarding continuous updating and maintenance of CTS managedSharePoint sites
- Create routine statistical/performance reports for enterprise and specified regions to target and demonstrate areas for potential as well as realized growth and adoption of technology
- Possess analytical skills, sound judgment and cognitive skills, knowing when to ask for assistance or escalate a problem to management
- Actively pursue creative and alternative avenues of marketing and advertising to increase adoption of collaborative technologies across the enterprise
- Ability to proactively identify ways to enhance or improve programs, processes and systems
- Ability to read situations quickly
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Undergraduatedegree in Computer Science, Information Systems or related discipline and Certificate of Completion through Polycom Learning Center (or similar certificate) demonstrating advanced video bridge software management training or an equivalent combination of education and/or experience.
- 4 years progressively responsibleexperience in a Customer Service role supporting technical applications or collaborative technologies. Any combination of: 4 years of large, executive-level meeting/event coordination & production experience involving multiple audio visual technologies. Two years of progressively responsibleexperience as a Video BridgeOperator, supporting Polycom (or similar) technology including the documented certifying and deployment of new technologies or software up-grades, and/or progressively responsible Application Administration experience.
- Technical knowledge of video conferencing bridging and other collaboration tools
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- Undergraduatedegree in Computer Science, Information Systems or related discipline; ITIL Certification; a certificate in AV Design Principles; Applied AV Design/CTS-D and/or CTS-I Study (obtainable through InfoComm) or similar certificate in Project Management (obtainable through PMI).
- Knowledge of Exchange/Office 365 and Outlook. Knowledge of Skype/Lync as a user collaboration tool.
- All of the aforementioned required level 3 industry experience, plus 1 year of vendor management experience including budget planning, ROI and cost benefit analysis to support sound infrastructure for responsible growth.