Perkins Coie LLP has an immediate opening for a Collaboration Engineer. The ideal candidate will be a proven engineer with experience transforming collaboration systems to enable the business to stay connected in an increasingly distributed world. This role is responsible to make video, chat, email, and voice easy, accessible, and reliable.
Scope of responsibilities includes setting firmwide direction on a variety of collaboration technologies as well as project management, evaluation, design, planning, configuration, documentation, and deployment of unified communications solutions for the firm. These projects may vary substantially but are likely to include project-specific solution definition, recommendation and evaluation; technology evaluation; design and implementation of solutions; and the design of supporting processes and training initiatives.
- Provide long term guidance on how various collaborative technologies will work together to provide our employees with excellent experiences with the tools we provide.
- Create execution plans for assigned projects.
- Propose solutions appropriate to the Perkins computing environment based on project requirements and Perkins Coie Systems standards.
- Perform detailed analysis, translating research methods and procedures into operational implementation/support requirements.
- Work with Engineering Team and Systems Management to develop, document and implement policies, standards and guidelines that direct the selection, development, implementation and use of information technology.
Design and Configuration:
- Research, analyze and develop recommendations regarding technology solutions that will benefit the firm.
- Determine and apply the appropriate system settings for implementation in the Perkins Coie environment.
- Participate in all phases of systems development with a focus on analysis. Conduct detailed analysis and documentation of functional requirements.
- Evaluate solution designs or configurations against service-specific standards. Oversee exceptions process and the definition of new standards as appropriate. Document Perkins Coie service and configuration standards.
- Create drawings and written documents to record planning, design, project management, configuration and troubleshooting procedures.
- Create operations related documentation for "go live" handoffs.
- Define key team metrics including uptime and response time KPI’s as well as acceptable performance standards.
- Define and document standards (See above.)
- For assigned projects, take responsibility for all aspects of the PM role as specified in the department's project management methodology. These responsibilities include defining scope of work, determining required resources, managing the project budget and providing regular status reports.
- Microsoft 365 collaboration technologies including Teams, Exchange Online, SharePoint
- Microsoft Exchange and Email Delivery Systems
- Enterprise Video Collaboration Technologies
- Cisco Webex Services
- Cisco Unified Communications Technologies
- Cisco Video Conferencing Hardware and additional room integration technologies
- Experience migrating large scale enterprise collaboration systems from on premise to the cloud.
- Demonstrated knowledge of and hands-on experience designing and implementing unified communications solutions in a multi-site, distributed computing environment.
- Ability to read and understand technical documentation and summarize findings appropriately to each intended audience.
- Must have strong analytical and problem-solving skills, excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Must be able to exercise good judgment, prioritize multiple tasks, and solve problems often under resource/timeline constraints.
- Proven ability to participate in and lead cross-functional teams.
- Demonstrated experience with project oversight and management.
- Demonstrated knowledge and hands-on experience with standard systems integration methodologies/lifecycles as applied in a multi-site, distributed computing environment.
- Ability to work independently and function as an integral part of a team.
- Excellent customer service skills and negotiation skills.
Education & Experience:
Requires a minimum of 7 years of related experience, including 5 years of increasing responsibility in the core technical area, or equivalent. A Bachelor's degree in business, information technology, or computer science is beneficial.
This position may be filled in Denver and in accordance with the Colorado Equal Pay Act, the compensation range in Denver for this position is $81,830 - $124,740 , depending on qualifications and experience.