Apply Now >> Requisition ID : 51160732 Posting Date : 1-7-2019 Category : ES - Services Location : Jackson, MS US Schedule : Full Time Job Description:
Applies specialized knowledge to conceptualize, design, develop, unit-test, configure, and implement portions of new or enhanced (upgrades or conversions) business and technical software solutions through application of appropriate standard software development life cycle methodologies and processes. Interacts with the Client and project roles (e.g., Project Manager, Business Analyst, Data Engineer) as required, to gain an understanding of the business environment, technical context, and organizational strategic direction. Defines scope, plans, and deliverables for assigned components. Understands and uses appropriate tools to analyze, identify, and resolve business and or technical problems. Applies metrics to monitor performance and measure key project parameters. Prepares system documentation. Conforms to security and quality standards.
Preference will be given to candidates local to Conway, Arkansas; Jackson, Mississippi; or El Paso, Texas.
- Participates as a member of development team or teams; may lead a small development team.
- Designs units for others. Completes development to implement complex components.
- Contributes to design activities and designs solutions.
- Develops independently; participates in code reviews and leads code reviews. Leads and provides mentoring and guidance to less senior developers.
- Designs, prepares and executes unit tests.
- Applies in-depth or broad technical knowledge for IBM Cognos Analytics to software solutions of moderate complexity.
- Independently implements end-user or enterprise solutions complexity or services prepared by more senior technologists for more complex solutions.
Education and Experience Required:
- Typically a technical Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience and a minimum of 6 years related experience or a Master's degree and a minimum of 4 years of experience.
Knowledge and Skills:
- More than 6 year’s experience writing code using Business Intelligence Software, including IBM Cognos Analytics.
- Experience querying databases from Cognos; preferably Oracle databases.
- The best candidates will have experienceworking with data in the Healthcare Industry, especially payor or government.
- Experience on one or more full release project life cycles.
- Basic understanding of testing tools and unit and integration test scripting, and testing methodologies.
- Good verbal and written communication skills. Developing general project management/team leader skills. Ability to work effectively in a team and with clients.