DDN Cognitive and Analytics CTO
The economic and engineering foundations of today’s datacenters are being radically transformed. Massive increases in ever-changing data are being generated and stored all over the globe, and need to be accessed, processed, analyzed, transformed and made available securely and in real time. At DDN www.ddn.com we recognize and embrace this new age of massive and diverse data and we pioneer the technologies, architectures and highly innovative solutions that make data available instantly and effortlessly, to everyone, everywhere, all of the time.
We are looking for a new Cognitive and Analytics CTO to work within DDN’s Software Defined Storage Division. The candidatewill ultimately lead a team in designing and developing product elements that deliver an amazing experience for customers of DDN’s next generation data platform. The candidate will architect a powerful and comprehensive set of interfaces and tools which work in concert with DDN’s software defined data platform with an overarching quality of ease-of-use and delivering highly differentiated feature that benefit our customer’s business. The Cognitive and Analytics component will encompass interactions between customers (and customer deployments on prem, and in-the-cloud) and DDN Support and Analytics Systems to deliver
- new insights into customer deployments – trends in usage/activity, predictive analytics, integrating with cloud, devops, VM, containers
- support for and automation of decision making around data placement, application performance optimization, utilization improvements, etc
- historical, real-time and predictive reports
You will leverage your experience in UI/storage analytics software development to build a best-in-class user experience.
DDN Innovators come from diverse backgrounds and we consider them to be in the highest tier of technology game changers globally. They have created, architected and pioneered numerous advancements in data enabling technologies, and delivered ground breaking ideas which have shaped and transformed the storage industry.
What you will bring to the DDN Innovators...
- An Enterprise, end-user focused approach to managing storage services that assumes an always-on, low-touch, best-in-class user experience
- A strong sense of design when it comes to building compelling user interfaces
- Experience developing software solutions that are tightly integrated to a Web/GUI front-end
- Distributed storage experience as a software developer, systems administrator, or DevOps Engineer
What you have achieved:
- Recognition as a technical leader in the storage space with a demonstrated ability to lead hands-on development efforts and build strong working relationships with cross-functional teams
- Developed and delivered software as part of a commercial product lifecycle
- You are a great communicator (verbal, written, and visual) who has the ability to influence and build consensus
- Background of software development in one or more of the following languages: C, C++, Go, Python
- BA/BS or MA/MS in a related field
What you will be doing:
- Design a scalable analytics framework that integrates with DDN’s next generation data platforms
- Provide requirements into the storage systems API to ensure appropriate data is available to the analytics framework
- Design interfaces between on-prem and cloud storage instances (AWS, Azure, Google Cloud) that support analytics functions
- Be the technical leader for the software team building the cognitive and analytics solution
- Balance hands-on contribution with technical guidance, including design and code review