The Coding Supervisor is responsible for coordinating all coding group operations and activities including the creation and maintenance of departmental policies and procedures, implementation of tracking tools and activity reports and addressing staff training and coverage. The Coding Team performs the function of cost capture of all company expenditures by processing and assigning accurate account coding to invoices.
The Coding Manager will have ownership of the OpenInvoice electronic invoice submission and routing process including the evaluation of current inputs, outputs and recommendations for process improvement. This position will work with cross functional departments to meet organizational goals related to the coding process.
- Lead and supervise the Coding team by working to streamline workflow across the Coding team and other cross-functional team to maximize timing, accuracy, and efficiency. Regularly evaluate controls and drive process improvements and system automation.
- Support Coding team in escalation and resolution of coding issues from invoice submission to invoice approval workflow.
- Evaluate work distribution, set priorities and review progress.
- Evaluate and monitor the efficiency of the OpenInvoice process and recommend improvements.
- Plan for implementation of additional functionality available within OpenInvoice.
- Analyzing data and generating reports for the purpose of internal reporting and analysis.
- Communicate with internal cross functional teams (Drilling, Completions, Production, Facilities, and Operations) to implement coding changes and increase efficiencies in the coding process.
- Enter and review AP reclassifications for coding changes needed into Quorum ERP system.
- Manage invoice approval aging with all internal cross functional teams (Drilling, Completions, Production, Facilities, and Operations).
- Manage invoice coding aging of all Coders.
- Collaborate with internal cross functional teams (Drilling, Completions, Production, Facilities, and Operations) to ensure coding documentation is maintained and updated.
- Manage account modification changes related to invoice coding and works with various IT teams to ensure all account changes get updated in various systems (Quorum, OpenInvoice, OpenWells, and SiteView).
- Effectively communicate with vendors as well as the business side to discuss and address process issues, efficiencies, etc.
- Train internal cross functional teams (Drilling, Completions, Production, Facilities, and Operations) to ensure coding is consistent and accurate across organization.
- Manage AFE process related to coding.
Knowledge, Skills, and Attributes:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong project management skills involving cross functional teams.
- Advanced excel skills with the ability to in-depth analysis with many different data types.
- Demonstrated knowledge in Oil and Gas accounting; understanding of SOX controls and audits.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Ability to communicate and work effectively with a cross functional teams.
- Excellent ability to multi-task and prioritize in a busy, fast growth environment.
- Flexibility and willingness to work closely and learn within a team environment.
- Exceptional attention to detail.
- Support ongoing growth and development of Coding team members while maximizing performance.
- Review distribution of work within the Coding team.
- Determine training needs and recommend programs.
- Evaluate staff performance in accordance with company policies.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
This is largely a sedentary role: However, while performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The worker is also required to have close visual acuity for viewing a computer terminal, reading, transcribing, and preparing and analyzing data and figures.
Position type and expected hours of work:
This is a full-time position, and typical work hours are Monday-Friday 7:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. or 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Some flexibility in hours is allowed, but the employee must be available during the “core” work hours.
Minimal travel may be required to attend training and conferences as well as vendor meetings.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business (Accounting or Finance preferred).
- 10+ years’ experience in the Oil & Gas industry , upstream/E&P experiencepreferred.