Are you a self-motivated, organized and compassionate Coder with experience leading a team/department? Do you thrive in a fast-paced, progressive work environment? If so, Boncura Health Solutions wants you!
Boncura Health Solutions, a managed services affiliate, is an organization with a one billion dollar plus portfolio serving over 1000 physicians. We provide the full spectrum of RCM and VBC services helping
Supervisor is responsible for multiple specialties including: Lab, PT/OT, Family Practice, Internal Medicine, Hospitalist averaging 25 MIL per month
The Coding Supervisor is responsible for overseeing (Lab, PT and OT) the performance of lead and medical coders and ensuring adherence of all department and company policies and procedures. The supervisor assists with hiring, training, assigning work, and performance management of staff. This position requires occasional travel to provide on-site coding education to the providers and clinical staff and assistance with special projects as needed. The Supervisor is responsible for daily review and proper assignment of International Statistical Classification of Diseases and Related Health Problems (ICD-10-CM), Current Procedural Terminology (CPT), modifiers, and Healthcare Common Procedure Coding System (HCPCS) codes to inpatient, outpatient, surgical procedures and evaluation and management services.
- Ensures that medical coders are trained, knowledgeable and consistently adhering to key responsibilities relevant to job description
- Training new employees
- Perform ongoing training and education as needed
- Conduct billing audits to ensure the accuracy of the coding team and re-train and/or initiate coaching if necessary
- Monitor daily workload to ensure that charges are coming over in a timely manner
- Ensure that manual charges are coming through Billing Support and AlertMD on a daily basis without interruption
- Ensure that all WQ charges are flowing into the WQ'S daily without interruption
- Responsible for alerting proper parties if any interruptions are discovered
- Analyze hospital and office progress notes, procedural and operative records to identify and independently assign accurate ICD and CPT/HCPCS codes while adhering to ICD-10-CM, CPT and all appropriate government coding guidelines, in addition to adhering to all Boncura/DMG coding/billing policies and procedures.
- Resolve Pre-AR edits in practice management system by applying the aforementioned rules, policies and procedures.
- Abstracts pertinent information into the billing system accurately and timely.
- Maintains compliance with Federal, State and Payer regulations.
- Serves as a subject matter expert (SME) to Coding Shared Services team and clinicians as needed.
- Keeps abreast of current coding changes, documentation requirements and payer policies within designated specialty.
- Demonstrates the ability to educate/train coding staff, physicians and nurses as needed.
- Assist with coding denials received from payers.
- Identify denial trends and educate coding team and/or request system edits as needed
- Assist with charge capture initiatives by monitoring services performed to assure all encounters are captured (DAR reports, charge capture reports, etc.), coded and billed within timeframes established by Boncura.
- Monitor all WQ'S to ensure that charges are being worked in a timely fashion and alert management team as needed if any concerns are identified.
- Monitor Alert MD to ensure all charges are captured and reports are worked.
- Attends meetings and training by traveling to provider and business locations as needed.
- Handles human resource functions are it relations to:
- Processing payroll
- Reviews and approves time off requests
- Performs annual introductory and annual performance appraisals for your assigned team
- Direct reports include front line staff of 5 -- 15 FTE
MINIMUM EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
License / Registration / Certification
- Must be certified in at least 1 of the following: Certified Professional Coder (CPC) certification, Registered Health Information Administrator (RHIA), Registered Health Information Technician (RHIT) or Certified Coding Specialist (CCS).
Issued by (Governing Body)
- Accredited Program
Level of Education
- High School diploma required
- Associate's degree preferred, or 2 years experience equivalent
Field of Study
- Business, healthcare, or related field
Years of Experience
- Minimum 7 years experience in healthcare coding and billing
Describe Type of Experience
- Experience in multi-specialty physician coding or expert in single specialty physician coding required.
- Minimum of 3 years leadership experience
MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES (KSA)
- Strong working knowledge of physician coding and billing rules and guidelines.
- Knowledge of ICD-10, CPT and HCPCS.
- Knowledge of medical terminology.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Understanding of an Explanation of Benefits and CMS 1500 form.
- Detail oriented
- Ability to research, analyze, interpret, and abstract data/documentation
- Good problem solving skills
- Communicates effectively
- Ability to collaborate with cross functional teams and departments
- Able to manage multiple tasks and meet deadlines
- Ability to work in a continuously changing environment, flexible
- Ability to maintain strictest confidentiality; adheres to all HIPAA guidelines/regulations
Coding Shared Services-614
ABOUT BONCURA HEALTH SOLUTIONS
Join one of the fastest-growing healthcare teams in Chicagoland and experience what superior care and innovation is all about. Boncura Health Solutions is a division of DuPage Medical Group, the largest independent, multi-specialty physician group in the state that provides physician-directed healthcare focused on quality, efficiency and access. Many Boncura employees support the DuPage Medical Group team, providing administrative services to hundreds of physician providers and partners, and helping them stay ahead in the ever-changing healthcare world. From claims processing and billing, to call center management and credentialing, Boncura is helping to change the landscape of healthcare for the better. Become a part of our care team. We have great benefits and great opportunities for growth.