Providence St. Joseph Health is calling a Coding Compliance Educator PSJH to our location in Renton, WA, Seattle, WA Or Portland, OR.
We are seeking a Coding Compliance Educator PSJH to work throughout the Providence St. Joseph Health System and support all regions within PSJH. The RIS-Coding Compliance Educator provides education, documentation auditing and develops educational updates, memorandums, educational programs and classes with coding compliance guidance for all PSJH physicians, advanced care providers, clinical ancillary staff, clinic coding and billing staff and physician business office staff. The RIS System Coding Compliance department focuses only on professional fee (profee) services for the physician billing (PB) side of Coding Compliance education and auditing.
In this position you will have the following responsibilities:
- Independently perform highly complex and detailed coding review and audit to assess and mitigate risk.
- Complete documentation audits and provide detailed and timely audit reports to providers and leaders.
- Provide subject matter expertise, quality review and feedback to physicians, advanced care providers and staff in the physician billing office, clinic coding staff, clinic leaders, regional and department leadership teams.
- Develop educational programs for providers based on documentation audit findings, as well as general compliance education on coding, documentation guidelines, reimbursement rules and regulations.
- Create and present customized coding training and initial audit/review for new physicians/advanced care providers and production coding analysts.
- Periodically travel to PSJH locations to maintain relationships with physicians and advanced care providers and other clinical staff as well as provide coding compliance and documentation education as needed.
- Provide classroom and individual education to clinic managers, support staff, production coders, billing staff and others as requested.
- Advise the ORC Physician Billing office regarding coding compliance issues and questions and recommends appropriate guidance.
- Develop written coding tips, training documents, coding compliance memorandums and updates for physicians, advanced care providers, coding staff, clinic staff and the ORC PBO department.
- Suggest potential areas for improvement in meeting the Coding Compliance operations and system policies and procedures.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Bachelors Degree or equivalent experience
- CPC, CCS, CCS-P and/or ACS-EM or equivalent.
- Five (5) years of experience OR a combination of healthcare related education and experience in coding and auditing.
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- Certified Professional Coder- Evaluation and Management Auditing.
- Current Coding Auditor credentials (CPMA or CEMC) OR eligibility to obtain within one year of hire.