iSeries COBOL Developers
Location - onsite ONLY southern Indiana (relocation package)
Roles: Full Time- 2+ open,
Interview process - (1) phone, (1) in-person
The candidates MUST have iSeries (AS/400) Cobol Development experience. Additionally, they need to have interactive or screen development w/in Cobol (front end development). This is not a batch development or AS/400 RPG Development job.
We are seeking a Cobol Developer with deep experience working in iSeries development experience working in interactive design and screen development. If you only have experience in batch development, this is not the role for you.
- Code and unit test in various languages and technical platforms (iSeries/AS400)
- Support the system testing and client integration testing efforts as required
- Assist clients in business/technical specification gathering when requested.
- Work in conjunction with other Developers to deliver services to the client.
- Function as a developer on design, programming and testing of assigned project / tasks.
- Develop technical design specifications.
- Ten years of iSeries Development in Cobol doing interactive system development
- Deep understanding of interactive screen development
- Possess experience with applications within various environments and platforms
- Experience should include mainframe and/or distributed architecture.
- Understanding of System Architecture and Data Modeling issues and approaches
- Experienceworking with SQL, CICS, JCL and MQ
- Experience in banking/financial institutions
- Understanding of project management with basic knowledge of database development in DB2
- Interface development experience