Natural Resource Technology, an OBG Company is seeking a subject matter expert engineer or hydrogeologist with 10 to 15+ years of experience to support our expanding capabilities and participate in continued growth of our Coal Combustion Residual (CCR) management services. The successful candidate will assume responsibilities for collaboratively working with clients in assessing and managing environmental needs. Ability to communicate with clients, interact with stakeholders, scope project work, prepare proposals, and develop effective written reports is critical. We are seeking candidates with experience and interest in maintaining high visibility in the marketplace through regular client contact, participation in client-based professional organizations, regulator/legislation technical focus groups, active participation in industry events, contributing to CCR strategic planning at a local, regional, and national level, and provide internal technical thought leadership and subject matter expertise.
- Extensive experience in the CCR and environmental consulting industry, ranging from site characterization through remedial implementation and site closure, with a demonstrated history of collaborative regulatory relationships; forging creative solutions, and driving projects to successful outcomes.
- Developing new clients, and generating new business with existing clients, using interpersonal skills to promote client confidence. Exposure to sensitive client information will necessitate considerable use of tact, diplomacy, and judgment
- Lead multidisciplinary teams on complex and challenging evaluations
- Contributing to the direction and growth of core service areas company-wide.
- Communicate effectively with differing audiences (client, regulator, contractor, public) verbally and written
- Expertize in CCR regulations with demonstrate significant working knowledge of federal, state and local environmental regulations and programs
- Mentor junior and mid-level technical staff
- Active pursuit of professional development within a dynamic consulting environment (e.g., conference presentations, journal publications, professional visibility)
- Effective project management and demonstrated leadership experience including:
- Communicating with, guiding, and advising a variety of individuals representing our clients, including executives, scientists, engineers, regulators, legal counsel, and other business professionals.
- Manage projects, including tracking of milestones and deliverables with strong ability to prioritize multiple projects with competing deadlines
- Prepare proposals reflecting understanding of client needs, development of budgets and cost estimates, and managing established client relationships
- Applyengineering and scientific principles and concepts to area of specialization;able to draw solutions from education and formal training.
- Critical thinking abilities for analysis and group participation for development of reports based on evaluation of environmental data and application of regulatory criteria.
- BS/MS in environmental engineering, hydrogeology, or related degrees considered
- Professional registration(s) preferred
- 10+ years environmental consulting experience
- Active participation in professional associations and other organizations
- OSHA HAZWOPER 40-hour certification preferre
We consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status. Equal access to programs, services and employment is available to all persons. Should an applicant require reasonable accommodation with the application or the interview process, please notify the Human Resources Department.