INANCE: Supports an environment of financial stability to achieve the UHS mission and strategy.
1. Utilizes performance indicators to monitor department performance and operational goals.
2. Directs the nursing and assigned clinical support services to achieve operating goals consistent with financial plans. Ensures appropriate resources to provide high-quality, cost-effective nursing care. Responsible for developing and managing the fiscal plan for the patient care units and direct report departments. Prepares departmental budgets and takes corrective action to ensure adherence to budget.
3. Develops, monitors, adjusts FTE levels to achieve budgeted staffing levels, organizational goals, accepted staffing models within the industry, and patient care needs defined by law, physician orders and/or a standardized nursing workload measurement system. Develops, monitors, adjusts FTE levels to meet the recruiting and professional development goals for nursing staff.Requirements
• Licensure: Current license or permit to practice professional nursing in the state of employment.
• Demonstrated working knowledge of nursing clinical practices and management.
• Extensive knowledge of principles and practices relevant to nursing and patient care activities.
• Demonstrated knowledge of effective management and supervisory practices. Highly developed written and verbal communication skills.
• Five or more years of progressive nursing management experience in an acute care setting.
• Ability to plan, direct, and monitor others’ activities with demonstrated leadership abilities that contribute to a positive work environment
• Proficiency with common computer based applications such as electronic mail, word processing and various databases, whether PC, network or mainframe based.
• Travel Requirements: Occasional US travel to conferences and UHS management meetings.