Under the general direction of the group manager, independently applies professional knowledge and experience to complete projects of routine to high complexity. Responsible for the conduct of all phases of the project during the construction phase, including developing proposals, contract administration, budget control, development and maintenance of client/Firm relationships, technical proficiency, and quality of final report. Other duties may consist of administration of technical support staff and training of each.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Has the ability to direct, train, supervise, and motivate others who he/she works with.
- Provides field technician and project supervisor oversight on projects.
- Prepares and reviews proposals for routine to complex projects and assists staff with development of scope or cost on more complex projects.
- Practices loss prevention techniques.
- Alerts group manager to technical, managerial, or administrative problems arising during the course of a contract.
- Discusses technical matters with clients as a fully-qualified professional.
- Projects positive image of Firm in dealings with outside groups and clients.
- Makes routine jobsite visits and attending project site meetings.
- Fully qualified to exercise independent judgment in technical matters, and to perform assignments requiring mature experience and judgment.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering.
- Registered Professional Engineer’s license, equivalent in specialty field, or demonstrated expertise in specialty or project management field.
- Ten or more years of progressively responsible experience in specialty field; up to two years’ experience may be substituted for the required experience with an advanced degree in a closely related field.