Google's projects, like our users, span the globe and require managers to keep the big picture in focus. As a Program Manager at Google, you lead complex, multi-disciplinary projects. You plan requirements with internal customers and usher projects through the entire project lifecycle. This includes managing project schedules, identifying risks and clearly communicating goals to project stakeholders. Your projects often span offices, time zones and hemispheres, and it's your job to keep all the players coordinated on the project's progress and deadlines.
Google Data Centers (GDC) make up one of the largest and most powerful computing infrastructures on the planet. Google data centers are powered by state-of-the-art electrical and cooling systems that are designed by Google for Google. The GDC team maintains and operates data centers with sophisticated tools and information systems, including Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS) to achieve the business objectives for service continuity, cost and efficiencies.
As the CMMS Program Manager, you will be working closely with site facility managers, site technicians, reliability engineers, mechanical and electrical engineers, and IT specialists in a technical and collaborative environment. You will be responsible for every aspect of the CMMS system with the goal of providing internal customers with a reliable, powerful, user-friendly CMMS system.
Behind everything our users see online is the architecture built by the Technical Infrastructure team to keep it running. From developing and maintaining our data centers to building the next generation of Google platforms, we make Google's product portfolio possible. We're proud to be our engineers' engineers and love voiding warranties by taking things apart so we can rebuild them. We're always on call to keep our networks up and running, ensuring our users have the best and fastest experience possible.
- Manage system releases, bugs and feature requests to continually enhance and optimize the system
- Implement CMMS system standards to align with established operational processes while providing agility and creativity to meet dynamic business needs
- Define and manage metrics and KPIs for system performance and internal stakeholder satisfaction
- Collaborate with cross-functional BI team to build scalable and reliable reports and analytical solutions to meet business/functional specifications
- Create system training and onboarding programs for internal system users (engineers) and new CMMS Administrators; serve as liaison for problem solving and escalation. Be able to coach and educate staff on the CMMS functions and best practices for performing tasks.
- 7 years of experience in implementation, deployment and administration of CMMS systems.
- 2 years of experience in IT or software development (SDLC, SLA, databases, servers, network, data storage and backup, etc.).
- Experience in Program Management and project development.
- Ability to travel20% of the time to global data centers.
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science or related technical field (or relevant skills or equivalent experience).
- Experience in the operation of data center, semiconductor, pharmaceutical, power, nuclear, or other 24x7 mission critical industries, including the military
- Experience with leading the implementation of a new EAM/CMMS system
- Experience with a Business Intelligence platform for creating analytical reports including presentations to end users and business stakeholders
- Strong knowledge of project development methodology. Ability to handle daily activities in a dynamic environment and drive deliverables.
- Proven track record of successful projects involving analytical and data driven analysis. Proven track record of managing and analyzing large volumes of data