Coordinates Continuing Medical Education (CME) activities, courses, regularlyscheduled programs, ensuring material on-line activities, journal activities and joint sponsored activities and all record-keeping files for the accredited CME program. The Coordinator serves as a resource for CME activities for physicians, leaders, and as appropriate, forAssociates. Coordinates the implementation of relevant accreditation guidelines and policies, which will include providing strongsupportto inter-professional educational initiatives.
EDUCATION: Bachelor's degreerequired in Health Care Administration, Community Health, Public Health, Education, Business Administration, Human Resources, Organizational Development or comparable body of study; a Master's degreepreferred in a similar specialty as noted for the BS degree.
CERTIFICATION/LICENSES: None specifically required, except as appropriate to educational discipline.
SKILLS: The following are considered to be key competencies required:
- High integrity and trust
- Customer focus
- Demonstrated effectiveness in program development and implementation
- Positive peer relationships
- Effective problem solving and quality decision maker
- Strong understanding of group process
- Ability to operate independently to achieve and maintain high levels of successful project completion.
- Demonstrated analytical time management organizational and interpersonal skills achieved in management level environments.
- Demonstrated skill and proficiency in the utilization of various software application data bases and transcription equipment.
- Demonstrated medical knowledge and terminology desired.
EXPERIENCE: Requires at least five years of progressive health care experience with at least two years involved in area CME, physician relations, or in arranging schedules, meetings and training of physicians and medical or clinical residents.
NATURE OF SUPERVISION:
-Responsible to: Director, Trauma & Medical Education
- Bloodborne pathogen A
Works in a clean, well-lighted, ventilated smoke-free environment.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: Working hours vary, with flexibility due to unexpected changes in schedule and emergencies. Requires the ability to speak, listen, develop and communicate written materials.