Location: Los Angeles
Our client, a prominent investment management firm, is seeking to hire a CMBS/CRE Analyst. The CMBS/CRE Analyst will report to the Portfolio Manager.
· Supporting senior members of the team in evaluating potential investment opportunities and managing existing investments across various property types and markets
· Work closely with portfolio manager in sourcing and identifying investment opportunities within the commercial real estate debt and CMBS related space
· Create and present financial models and investment memorandum to credit committee for review
· Aid in ongoing CMBS surveillance, including asset and portfolio management
· Interacting professionally with internal credit, legal, and loan origination personnel and externally with borrowers and third-party service providers before, during and after closing
· Maintaining the CRE debt team’s internal transaction pipeline
· Assisting with the investment asset management process other special projects and assignments as they may arise.
· Bachelor’s degree with an exceptional academic record from a top tier university required
· 3-5 years of experience working in CRE/CMBS at an investment bank or commercial real estate credit investment firm
· Ability to manage transactions from screening investments, underwriting and closing
· Extensive knowledge of fundamental real estate analysis and valuation across property types
· Strong analytical skills; ability to model complex financial structures and property portfolios
· Experience preparing credit memorandums and presenting prospective investments to credit committee.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
· Ability to manage multiple projects concurrently with strong attention to detail
· Advanced Microsoft Excel skills, experience with Trepp, Argus, CoStar, RCA, etc.