Senior Project Controller/Cost is accountable to develop, progress and forecast all phases of the project costs using the most current industry practices and software. Provide cost planning leadership and integrate with engineering, procurement, schedule, technical & construction disciplines for seamless reporting to insure effective Capital Project Delivery.
KEY ACTIVITIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for project budget, invoicing, change control and cost forecasting for the entire engineering, procurement, construction and qualification (EPCQ) life cycle.
- Work in a highly collaborative and dynamic project environment. Collaborate with estimating, procurement and project management on project scope coordination, work package definition, contract development and bid analysis.
- Develop & evaluate project control budgets with input from partners including clients, estimating, vendors and contractors.
- Work with project team to agree contractor SOVs and certify progress, invoicing & payment. Follow-on with accounting to ensure alignment of project forecast with current funding and billings to client. Insure appropriate back-up documentation for all phases.
- Actively manage change control process. Monitor cost trends & changes with follow-on validation & agreement of pricing. Process CO’s for approval and incorporation into contracts.
- Responsible for operation of integrated cost reporting platform. Produce detailed cost reports, including budgets, changes, commits (POs), spends, anticipated costs and forecast. Accountable for cost system data integrity as well as accuracy of overall project forecast.
- Ability to produce effective visualization, graphics & outputs for team communication.
- Collaborate with partners & scheduling on alignment of cost & schedule data.
- Collaborate with team to support constructability and value engineering.
- Develop and continually update projections on cash flows, staffing plans & contingency usage.
- Provide financial and cost analysis as well as earned value and cost performance reporting.
- At project completion, develop and record the project’s historical cost information and “lessons learned”.
- Provide supervision and leadership for more junior department and project personnel.
- Collaborate with all groups to improve company processes, systems and intellectual infrastructure to promote organizational learning and continuous improvement.
Qualifications & Requirements
REQUIRED EDUCATION/QUALIFICATIONS /WORK EXPERIENCE
- BS degree in engineering or related technical field, construction management or applicable experience.
- Minimum of 7 years’ experience as a project controls/cost professional on capital projects.
- Demonstrated knowledge of engineering, procurement, construction and qualification (EPCQ) processes in the Pharma/Biotech Industry.
- Understanding of engineering, construction methodologies and technical documentation.
- Demonstrated expertise in Project Services & Cost Engineering concepts; project initiation, planning, execution, monitoring, controlling & closeout as well as billing/invoicing, estimating, forecasting, and variance reporting.
- Strong analytical and computer skills with demonstrated proficiency in integrated construction management/cost reporting PPM platforms (Procore). Experience with data management tools (MS Excel, MS Access, Power BI etc) as well as financial ERP systems.
- Excellent collaboration, communication and organizational skills are required with the ability to prioritize and manage large amounts of information to effectively meet deadlines.
- PMI, AACEI or other industry certifications is desirable.
CONTEXT AND ENVIRONMENT AND SAFETY
- Safety minded individual that must comply with IPS Mission Zero Safety policy
- Capable of working alone or as part of a team without a significant level of supervision
- The employee is frequently required to stand, walk and sit. for long periods of time with extended computer use
- Experience working in both a Home Office and Field environment.
- Up to 50% travel required to both project and regional office locations
- This position is a safety sensitive position. The employee is designated for field work and attends activities at client sites where they work in construction, process, packaging, manufacturing, research or other "non-administrative" areas.
- Must strive for excellence in all aspects of job performance.
- Must approach work with visible enthusiasm and a contagious energy that provides a positive example for coworkers and clients.
- Must display creativity and innovation by continually working to improve solutions, tools, methods and service delivery systems.
- Must conduct oneself with an uncompromising commitment to the welfare of clients.
- Must act in an ethical, professional and respectful manner at all times.
- Must exhibit the ability to build and sustain long term relationships of mutual value through teamwork.
- Must be driven to succeed and committed to goal attainment