Purpose of the Position
The Lima Cluster Manager will lead and motivate the Lima, Ohio Operations team of 11 people. Responsible for ensuring that people and assets within the facility are managed safely and effectively in compliance with regulations and standards. Requires the ability to perform multiple tasks in parallel while shifting priorities. Execute programs and initiatives established by the business and serve as theOperations representative to the Customer base. 1. Contribution to the business is highly visible.
Current Plant Responsibilities are as follows:
Lima 1 SMR 12.7 mmscfd H2;
Lima 2 SMR 22.0 mmscfd H2
Lima 3 SMR 25.0 mmscfd H2
Existing revenue responsibility will be $65.5M, Fixed costs excluding depreciation $4.37M, Variable costs $30.9M, EBIT $17.5M, EBITDA $25.2M
- Through visible leadership foster a strong safety culture and ensure a safe work environment with a commitment to zero injuries. Identify and prevent losses of all kinds and maintain compliance with the permit to work system. Ensure all Safety Standards are implemented. Lead the overall safety process for the plant. Ensure that the Operations business is conducted in compliance withthe product quality contractual requirements. The cluster manager is responsible for preparing the Emergency Plan and to lead site personnel in response to such emergencies.
- The Cluster Manager is the primary interface for third party oversight and regulatory entities; including but not limited to 1) local and customer owned fire departments and hazardous material response, 2) local law enforcement, 3) state and federal EPA, 4) state and federal OSHA, 5) local Emergency Planning Commissions, 6) municipal water and sewer authorities, 7) local Industrial Park committees, 8) related industry associations.
- The Cluster Manager must lead and participate in local safety programs and initiatives. The Cluster Manager ensures completion ofregularly scheduled site safety meetings. The Cluster manager ensures regular completion and reporting of RBU SHEQ leading and lagging indicators (eg Lead Safe, Good Catches, housekeeping, etc).
- The Cluster Manager is primarily responsible for the proper and timely handling and reporting of site incidents and near misses. The Cluster Manager must manage personnel incidents and ensure proper care of injured or potentially injured employees. Root cause analysis, corrective and preventative actions and communications are the minimum expectations for each occurrence. TheCommunication expectation for all safety incidents includes detailed analysis and presentation to RBU SHEQ and RBU Head of HyCO Operations.
- Implement and maintain site environmental controls for water and air pollution according to Ohio State permits. Implement and maintain Insurance inspections and risk management assessments for plant equipment.
- The job holder will have direct responsibility for developing and leading a high performing team, with talents and characteristics that allow achievement of site and overall Linde goals. The Cluster Manager must recruit plant employees that represent and maintain Linde's Core Values and Vision and ensure implementation of a rigorous hiring mechanism which properly identifies and maximizes relevant core competencies. The Cluster Manager must develop personnel to maximize productivity through challenging workenvironment and task diversity, while levering internal and external training resources. The Cluster Manager must foster a cooperative, team environment, conducive to diverse backgrounds, opposing viewpoints, and open exchange of ideas. The Cluster Manager must routinely and rigorously evaluate staff, providing timely and constructive feedback, with the objective of continuous employee development. The Cluster Manager must consistently and swiftly address behavioral and performance issues.
- Participate in and demonstrate leadership in Linde's Journey to Excellence to becoming a High Performance Organization. TheCluster Manager must actively promote and champion the HPO Vision to site personnel. The Cluster Manager must identify and lead projects which contribute to HPO objectives and must routinely measure and report performance against agreed HPO goals and objectives.
- Develop and manage annual budgets for Lima to meet the plan. Interface with HyCO Northern Cluster Manager, HyCO SMR Operations / ROC Head and HyCO ROC Manager to identify reliability improvement projects and to coordinate turnarounds. Develop and manage capital improvement programs. Set the goals and objectives for the Operations team ensuring that they are aligned withthe site business objectives. Effectively delegate responsibilities among the Operations resources to achieve the objectives in themost efficient manner. Recognize the need for and secure additional resources as appropriate. Adjust the priorities as plant needs dictate. Understand the boundaries of the various customer and supplier contracts and ensure compliance with the contractrequirements. Develop and maintain relationship commercial team and customers to help define and steer new business opportunities. Manage operation and costs of the plant ensuring safety and reliability as well as efficiency.
- The Cluster Manager, in conjunction with Tonnage Account Management, must develop a yearly budget, periodically review against established standards, and report variances to Operations Management. The Cluster Manager must ensure timely and accurate processing of invoices to vendors and contractors. The Cluster Manager must communicate site and division performance to local personnel and must represent the voice of executive management and their vision for success and long term performance.
- Ensure plant is operated and maintained to achieve contractual product supply reliability in compliance with the contractrequirements. Evaluate, plan and execute actions to achieve and maintain world-class reliability performance of HyCO operations. Interface with the HyCO reliability manager and reliability platform leads to implement best operating practices. Ensure appropriate contingency plans are in place. Oversee the maintenance management activities ensuring proper use of defined systems and processes.
- Provide leadership for the Operations personnel in setting and accomplishing annual goals and objectives. Create a high performance culture that includes development and training of Operations personnel. Set and achieve a personal high standard of performance. Drive continuous improvement.
- Manage the performance of the Operations human resources, instill a high level of motivation and focus on critical objectives. Recognize and reward high performance. Prevent unplanned attrition. Continuously improve profitability by identifying projects toimprove the operating efficiency, equipment reliability, and reduce operating’s costs. Recruit, train, develop and motivate the site Operations team. Effectively communicate within a matrix organization.
- Bachelor Degree in a Technical Discipline
- Minimum of 5 years H2, ASU or CO2 production experience
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience in engineering or process related industry or reliability activity
- Demonstrated commitment to SHEQ policies and principles
- Record of building and developing high performing teams
- Previous plant management experience is required
- Experience of managing people is required
- Working knowledge of contracts administration
- HS and 10 years related can substitute for bachelor’s degree
- The successful candidate will possess 10 years’ experience in engineering or a process orientated industry or reliability activity
- Experience working with a multi-customer base. Experience working in a start up facility such as in the refinery, power, or chemical industries
- Experience managing major plant projects or plant refurbishments
- Experience in commissioning process equipment
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong analytical and technical skills
- 5 years on site experience of H2 and / or CO2 production
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Experience managing teams and individual contributors
Demonstrated organizational ability