Less than 5 years experience • Software
Under general supervision, develops code, tests and debugs new interfaces or significant enhancements to existing software Works closely with others on the application team to develop technical solutions to best meet interfacing needs, monitor and improve quality of data sharing and manage interoperability of data between systems. The incumbent develops a thorough understanding of department's business practices, designs customized solutions and troubleshoots configuration and/or application problems. Participates in development of software user documentation. May act as lead on projects and demonstrate software. Assists in training less experienced programmers.
- Maintain thorough knowledge of all operational aspects of the Interface Manager system (e.g., Cloverleaf).
- Maintain thorough knowledge of all Interface Manager interfaces, point-to-point interfaces, and interface gateway PCs. Understand functional design and technical infrastructure components of all interfaces and all interface processes.
- Performs advanced daily and routine monitoring of all interface programs, logs and queues.
- Perform advanced interface analysis, design, development, testing, and live support for application interface projects.
- Serve as project lead to coordinate interface implementation activities as required.
- Troubleshoot and resolve Cloverleaf and point-to-point interface issues. Coordinate with vendor and other hospital resources as required.
- Develop and maintain TCL programs in Cloverleaf to modify message formats, data translations, and data routes as specified by the interface requirements.
- Develop and maintain detailed documentation for all interfaces.
- Provide periodic on-call support of interface environment as assigned.
- Maintain a working knowledge of Unix and basic networking protocols.
- Maintain working knowledge of all interfaced applications. Work closely with application analysts and end-users to define interface requirements and to resolve interface application issues.
- Has primary responsibility for developing operational procedures and training Operations staff on monitoring of Interface Manager console and production interfaces.
- Practices proper safety techniques in accordance with hospital and departmental policies and procedures. Immediately reports any mechanical or electrical equipment malfunctions, unsafe conditions, or employee/patient/visitor injury/accident to Manager.
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Systems, Business, or related technical field.
- 3-5years Cloverleaf Development in a HealthCare company Experienceworking with Cloverleaf 5.8 or higher in UNIX/AIX environment.
- Experience with HL7 standards
- Experience with XML
- Level II or higher certification with Cloverleaf Interface Engine
- Experience with TCL, Java, Perl
- Previous experience working in team environment.
- Strong communications and analytical skills
- Knowledge of network communication protocols, such as TCP/IP and DNS
- Project management, analysis, processing skills preferred
- Familiarity with structured query language, UNIX/Linux and Microsoft platforms preferred.
- Experience with .Net, C# a plus