Cloud/Unix System Administrator IV
FNC Engineering IT is seeking a talented and motivated Cloud/Unix System Administrator that will work as part of a team focused on supporting the Computing needs for Engineers developing, testing and supporting FNC’s networking products. The successful candidate will be highly technical and can work independently on Tickets and Projects. Success in this role means you are able to support servers in a mixed operating system environment, (RHL, CentOS, Windows), different virtualization software, (VMware, Xen), Network Storage, (NetApp), and have good fundamental networking skills. You and the FNC Engineering IT Team will be responsible for continuously reviewing and assessing the needs of Engineering towards advancing and improving the Computing Environment. This will include improving existing processes and technologies; evaluate and deploy new tools and methods to add value to the existing systems, architecture, and methods. Documentation is important to build the knowledge base of the Team.
- Support, maintain, and deploy team-supported infrastructure and documentation – Initial focus will be on the Linux Environment and Virtualization.
- Strong sense of ownership and problem solving skills
- Development and Documentation of processes, procedures, and standards related to all aspect of the Computing Environment and building Run Books
- Work closely with Engineering to resolve problems and improve the Computing Environment
- Proactive monitoring of key resources to resolve small problems before they become big problems
- Ability to automate solutions to repetitive problems/tasks
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science or related technical field
- 7 years of experience in implementing, troubleshooting, and supporting Unix/Linux OS, Virtualization, Cloud technologies, solid understanding of TCP/IP networking and development tools
- A passion for automation, capacity/performance management, storage, high availability solutions
- Must be able to work as a team player and committed to achieving results
- Experience working in a virtualized Linux Environment
- Experience building and administering workloads in a public/hybrid cloud infrastructure (Azure a plus!)
- Experience with Monitoring Solutions (Solarwinds, Nagios, MRTG,…)