Cloud Transformation Network Architect
Capgemini is looking for a Senior Architect within Data Center Transformation to lead change engagements within client’s IT infrastructure landscape as a Network Solution Architect.
As a Senior Architect within Data Center Transformation at Capgemini you are responsible for leading the network technical streams in data center transformation, consolidation, relocation, transition, and optimization projects. Dynamic and varying projects with labor budgets ranging from 100k to 6M and matrix management of up to 100 project resources.
You will be part of a growing international business domain within Capgemini that acts on the global market, and work with clients with a global reach and agenda.
- Provide solution and service engineering activities, i.e. proof-of concepts, pilots, use case development, solution validation, workshops, and enablement.
- Maintain deep technical and business knowledge of different Network and Cloud technologies and supporting solution areas and develop new technology integrations and solution capabilities.
- Provide expert technical architectural support and guidance for solution opportunities that involve virtualization, software defined networking, cloud infrastructure, management and security, including integration with certain select 3rd party products.
- Maintain technical credibility within the industry and your field of expertise through demonstration of thought leadership. This includes participating in delivering technical enablement web conferences and training sessions and enabling technologies and company’s industry conferences and events.
- Develop and release of sales, technical, and service delivery collaterals including sales bid support, deployment guides, best practices, sizing whitepapers and solution reference architectures.
- Close collaboration with geo-dispersed global business units, engineering, marketing, professional services, sales, alliances, and partner engineering organizations to design, develop, validate, and release sales, technical, and service delivery collateral.
- Minimum of 12 years of professional experience managing/architecting Network technologies.
- Minimum certification of CCIE or CCDE. Written required, Lab preferred.
- Excellent written and oral communications skills.
- Expert level knowledge of Cisco and Juniper technologies, including Routing/Switching, Firewalls and Load Balancing solutions.
- Strong knowledge of F5 BIG-IP Load Balancing solutions including LTM, GTM, and ASM solutions
- Strong knowledge of Software Defined Network (SDN) technologies from Cisco and VMWare
- Strong experience with VPN solutions including different types of IPSec endpoints including Cisco Firewalls, Cisco VPN Concentrators, Cisco Routers.
- Expert level knowledge of Cisco’s Overlay Transport Virtualization (OTV) protocol
- Expert level knowledge of Layer 2 technologies, including Spanning-Tree, VLANs, VTP, UDLD, VDC, and CDP
- Expert knowledge of Layer 3 technologies, including IPv4, BGP, EIGRP, OSPF, IPv6, HSRP, and VRRP
- Balanced and pragmatic contributory approach to long-term vision, and incrementally phased way-ahead.
- Experience with medium to complex costing and proposal response.
- Experience with collateral authoring.
- Experience with internal and external documentation written to varying levels of business and technical oriented audiences.
- Affinity for broad-spectrum, iterative, continuous improvement to affect capability maturity growth.
- Ability to reconcile their position and expert depth of knowledge with the business need for inter and intra-org synergy.
- Passion for learning, teamwork, and helping others.
- Solid practical understanding of Software Defined Data Center (SDDC), Software Defined WAN (SD-WAN), and Network Function Virtualization (NFV)
- Successful candidate will be self-motivated. Individual must be able to prioritize responsibilities and work under tight deadlines.
- Network Architecture Experience with Public Cloud deployments (Azure, AWS)
- Solid practical understanding of virtualization and cloud solutions and services powered by VMware.
- Prior experience in programming and scripting languages is desirable.
- Good understanding of service providers is desirable.
- Undergraduate Degree in Engineering, Computer Science, or similar, or 12+ years experience in related discipline.
Capgemini is an Equal Opportunity Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender identity/expression, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, genetics, veteran status, marital status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Candidates should be flexible / willing to work across this delivery landscape which includes and not limited to Agile Applications Development, Support and Deployment.
Applicants for employment in the US must have valid work authorization that does not now require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the US by Capgemini.