Cloud Transformation Architect - Azure
Azure is Microsoft’s cloud computing platform used to build, host and scale web applications. Azure’s open platform hosts Windows and Linux applications and supports numerous languages such as .NET, Java, Node.js and PHP. The Azure Architect is a technical customer-facing role accountable for the end-to-end customer cloud deployment experience. As an Azure Architect you will own the Azure technical customer engagement, including specific implementation projects and/or Proofs of Concept (POCs) and be responsible for moving customer workloads to Azure. Ideal candidates will have at least 2 years of hands-on experience planning, designing and implementing IT capabilities and migrating workloads and applications to Azure.
Structure and deliver Azure engagements that may include conducting cloud assessments to determine appropriate cloud use cases for moving applications and workloads to Azure.
Design Azure architecture that meets non-functional requirements for security, compliance, performance, resiliency, availability and services. Migrate workloads, applications and capabilities like disaster recovery, archiving and backup to Azure.
Use Azure services like Azure Pack, Web App PaaS, Resource Manager and others to implement cloud operating models that enable Environment as a Service and DevOps capabilities. Implement security patterns using Azure capabilities.
Guide Capgemini consultant teams’ structure and delivery of Azure engagements and sharing of reusable content like Azure reference architecture, security patterns, etc.
- 2 years of hands-on experience planning, designing and implementing IT capabilities and migrating workloads/applications to Azure
- 5+ years of experience in IT and/or software development, including roles as an enterprise architect, application architect or infrastructure architect
- 5+ years of experience in networking, infrastructure or database architecture
- Working knowledge and understanding of Azure platform and its services
- Implementation experience with distributed applications; working knowledge of software development, DevOps tools and methodologies
- Presentation skills with a high degree of comfort speaking with executives, IT management and developers
- Demonstrated ability to adapt to new technologies and learn quickly
- Excellent communication and project management skills; adept at managing stakeholders at all levels
- Strong teambuilding and creative problem-solving skills
- Understanding of risk management techniques and ability to develop appropriate contingency plans
- Technical degree required; computer science degree desired
- Azure Solution Architect certification; Azure certifications in security and big data also preferred