Join a progressive cloud technologies team in a fast paced environment! Cerner's CTS team is hiring for a Cloud Technology Architect.
This role is tasked with architecting, implementing, delivering and supporting public cloud technologies. Other responsibilities would include; solving problems, strategizing, meeting with executives and cross team collaboration.
This resource will also contribute to defining the vision, implementation and support strategies for technology roadmap and cloud architecture. In addition, evaluate and support third party technology and vendor strategies to support solution requirements.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, CIS, MIS, IS, Engineering or related degree or equivalent relevant work experience.
- 4+ years of System engineering or technical consulting work experience
- 3+ years system management, implementation and operations work experience for client/server applications
- Receipt of the appropriate government security clearance card applicable for your position
- Due to the client contract you will be assigned, this position requires you to be a U.S. citizen
- 5+ years of designing and delivering implementations using cloud infrastructure technologies and providers, e.g. OpenStack, KVM or Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization (RHEV), VMware, Hyper-V, Xen, Rackspace Cloud Services, AWS and/or Azure
- 3+ years of experience implementing and understanding container technologies like Kubernettes, Docker Datacenter, Apache Mesos
- 3+ years of automation and scripting experience
- Willing to work additional or irregular hours as needed and allowed by local regulations
- Participate in an on call rotation
- Work in accordance with corporate and organizational security policies and procedures, understand personal role in safeguarding corporate and client assets, and take appropriate action to prevent and report any compromises of security within scope of position
- Perform other responsibilities as assigned.