Summary: You will be an active member of the ASRC Federal account team, interacting with the Program Manager, Site Lead, Customer, and site staff attending regularly scheduled customer meetings to keep the customer informed of activities and progress, answer customer inquiries concerning all aspects of the various HPC systems and private and public cloud infrastructures.
You and your team of cloud, network, and systems engineers design and implement an enhanced infrastructure and services that give the NASA technology teams more choices and the ability to innovate on the products and services we collectively offer to our customers throughout the agency. You manage the development and deployment of scalable, supportable, reliable and secure platforms. You lead and plan the day-to-day execution of infrastructure and cloud operations, policies, processes and support. You drive the automation and Infrastructure practices to ensure teams are following industry best practice to foster repeatability, consistency and portability.
You are responsible for system performance analysis, tuning and capacity planning efforts across the enterprise with a user base heavily focused on scientific modeling, numerical processes and data analytics. You investigate, analyze and make recommendations regarding technology improvements, development best practices, standardization, scaling, upgrades, and modifications to our infrastructure and services.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead the design, engineering and integration of public and private cloud technologies to deliver a fully integrated Cloud offering for the company.
- Areas of accountability include: Cloud technology architecture, disaster recovery, data center operations, operating systems, databases, networks, security and ITIL processes
- Responsibilities include project management, task tracking, customer onboarding and training, documentation, financial management, and personnel management.
- Design strategy within core functions to support the NASA's vision. Leads strategic technology planning to achieve business goals by prioritizing technology initiatives and coordinating the evaluation, deployment and management of current and future technologies.
- Drive execution and technology adoption initiatives, evaluating, and redefining technology architecture, evaluating current operating technology systems to map to business needs, and ensuring effective execution of IT strategy while maintaining the highest level of efficiency, and promoting speed, quality and low-cost operations.
- Develops and attracts high-caliber talent to match the identified needs of the IT organization; specifically, talent aligned with the 'cloud first' approach. Serves as a role model in this area, demonstrating personal engagement in the development of direct reports as well as other IT management and professional staff.
- Participate in weekly teleconference team meetings and prepare minutes of meetings.
Education/Requirements: Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems or other technical discipline required plus 15 years of experience.
- Recent cloud computing experience utilizing AWS (preferred), Google Cloud Platform, MS Azure, or other related platforms, and/or private cloud deployments utilizing OpenStack or similar.
- Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and management to collect requirements, describe software product features, and technical designs.
- Knowledge of the latest developer tools across the software development workflow (coding, building, deployment, operations, task tracking, real-time communication)
- Experience supporting scientific or data analytics (Hadoop, R, Python xarray, etc.) customers a plus
- Experience working in a continuous delivery environment
- Proven track record of driving decisions collaboratively, resolving conflicts and ensuring follow through
- Sound understanding and appreciation for all major functional areas of IT
- Track record of attracting and developing a strong and diverse team and IT organization
- Good organization skills to balance and prioritize work, and ability to multitask
- Good communication skills to communicate with support personnel, customer, and managers