ALEX - Alternative Experts is now hiring a skilled Cloud Technical Manager for an opening in Greenbelt. The selected candidate will provide support in Cloud technology architecture, disaster recovery, data center operations, operating systems, databases, networks, security and ITIL processes . Specific duties include but are not limited to:
- Leading the design, engineering, and integration of public and private cloud technologies to deliver a fully integrated Cloud offering
- Being responsible for project management, task tracking, customer onboarding and training, documentation, financial management, and personnel management.
- Designing strategy within core functions to support the client's vision
- Leading strategic technology planning to achieve business goals by prioritizing technology initiatives and coordinating the evaluation, deployment and management of current and future technologies
- Driving execution and technology adoption initiatives, evaluating, and redefining technology architecture, evaluating current operating technology systems to map to business needs, and ensuring effective execution of IT strategy while maintaining the highest level of efficiency, and promoting speed, quality and low-cost operations
- Develop and attract high-caliber talent to match the identified needs of the IT organization; specifically, talent aligned with the 'cloud first' approach. Serve as a role model in this area, demonstrating personal engagement in the development of direct reports as well as other IT management and professional staff
- Participating in weekly teleconference team meetings and preparing minutes of meetings
- Meet and maintain secret level Security Clearance Sponsorship Eligibility requirements. A higher clearance level may eventually be required.
- Recent cloud computing experience utilizing AWS (preferred), Google Cloud Platform, MS Azure, or other related platforms, and/or private cloud deployments utilizing OpenStack or similar.
- Experience communicating with users, other technical teams, and management to collect requirements, describe software product features, and technical designs.
- Knowledge of the latest developer tools across the software development workflow (coding, building, deployment, operations, task tracking, real-time communication)
- Experience supporting scientific or data analytics (Hadoop, R, Python xarray, etc.) customers a plus
- Experience working in a continuous delivery environment
- Proven track record of driving decisions collaboratively, resolving conflicts and ensuring follow through
- Sound understanding and appreciation for all major functional areas of IT
- Track record of attracting and developing a strong and diverse team and IT organization
- Good organization skills to balance and prioritize work, and ability to multitask
- Excellent communication skills to communicate with support personnel, customer, and managers
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems or other technical discipline required plus 15 years of experience.